Planescape WOTC Teasing Planescape?

Was just about to post this.

ChapolimX

Explorer
I can't help but notice how close we are in proximity to April 1st...

That being said, I would love to think that it is a 5e version of Planescape...that would make me very, very happy. However, I suspect that it will likely be an announcement of the Enhanced Edition of Planescape: Torment.

The countdown will stop before April, 1, but it can be PST:EE anyway.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
The Wizards D&D Twitter account tweeted this: "A countdown timer was recently brought to our attention. Plan Escape? Anyone know what this is about? http://planescape.com/"

Source: https://twitter.com/Wizards_DnD/status/845331125723639809

This suggests to me that (1) this is definitely D&D-related and (2) the "Plan Escape" title is probably just to mess with us.

Go, go Planescape! :)
Ironically, if you whois the domain, it's listed on the Whois site as PlanEscape.com.

Mercule

Adventurer
I saw that. The countdown looks like it'll hit on Tuesday. That short of a lead, I'm assuming this is a teaser for another teaser.

Beyond that, I'm going with either a new video game or they're going to release a book/adventure for something other than the Realms (though, they may just frame Planescape as being the planar region of the Realms).

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
If it's actually a Planescape supplement, it will be well-received by me. I'm working on three one-shot Planescape adventures right now. (Rule of Three and all.)

darjr

I crit!
There is a WotC wpn streaming event that day. Presumably for magic. But I've seen others say to tune in for dnd. Also WotC is changing the wpn, so much so that they've warned stores to read the new agreement and sign on board or chance losing wpn status, could be magic related but DnD peeps warned folks working with stores to go take a look.
[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION]

No matter what it is, it promises to be great. Planescape setting? Want it. Planescape adventure? Want it. New Planescape videogame? Want it. A new Manual of the Planes? Well, I think I made my point already! :D

Remove ads

Remove ads