Planescape WOTC Teasing Planescape?

Was just about to post this.

darjr

I crit!
Hmmm... It could also be one of those multiple front things. An EE game, an MMO expansion, and a D&D book that is many things plus a planescape setting sorta like scag was.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Hoping it's something related to the Planescape we know and not a complete reboot using the MTG Planeshift stuff they have been putting out (Which is my hunch).

I don't supposed anyone has actually confirmed that it's a WoTC owned address have they? Most I have gotten so far is that it's registered with Godaddy.

ChapolimX

Explorer
There seems to be enough evidence that the announcement will bring PST:EE.
What is left to speculate is that next adventure path (Dust) will be a planar adventure and the companion sourcebook (Midway) will be sort of a Player's Guide to Sigil and the Outlands.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
It feels more like a big announcement then a big April Fool's joke.

Of course, I was thinking a planar thing was coming last year, I guess better late then never.

Also, it planescape, not "sigil, another location for your FR campaign". Should be interesting.

It could be related to Midway, which sounds very Sigil-esque.
But it's too early to discuss the November release.

This means two realistic possibilities.
One:
I suspect that it will likely be an announcement of the Enhanced Edition of Planescape: Torment.

Two: Planescape on the DMsGuild.

Or both...

Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dustmen ;)

I will throw my vote behind those that think this is a start of a big multimedia idea: video games, books, and RPG stuff. I was hoping the Big Book of Content would focus on other campaign world's races and classes (and Planescape is a convenient vehicle to do that, along with being a campaign setting), so this seems like a good sign.

Quickleaf

Legend
Hoping it's something related to the Planescape we know and not a complete reboot using the MTG Planeshift stuff they have been putting out (Which is my hunch).

I don't supposed anyone has actually confirmed that it's a WoTC owned address have they? Most I have gotten so far is that it's registered with Godaddy.

Well, [MENTION=6706188]MonsterEnvy[/MENTION] confirmed here that it was posted on WOTC's Twitter account.

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
VeqP27K.png

It's Planescape Torment Enhanced Edition!

The page source has a line that says: secret="0x50 0x53 0x54 0x45 0x45" Those hexidecimal values convert to "PSTEE" in ASCII.

Remove ads

Remove ads