• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Planescape WOTC Teasing Planescape?

Was just about to post this.

darjr

I crit!
Hmmm... It could also be one of those multiple front things. An EE game, an MMO expansion, and a D&D book that is many things plus a planescape setting sorta like scag was.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Hoping it's something related to the Planescape we know and not a complete reboot using the MTG Planeshift stuff they have been putting out (Which is my hunch).

I don't supposed anyone has actually confirmed that it's a WoTC owned address have they? Most I have gotten so far is that it's registered with Godaddy.

ChapolimX

Explorer
There seems to be enough evidence that the announcement will bring PST:EE.
What is left to speculate is that next adventure path (Dust) will be a planar adventure and the companion sourcebook (Midway) will be sort of a Player's Guide to Sigil and the Outlands.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
It feels more like a big announcement then a big April Fool's joke.

Of course, I was thinking a planar thing was coming last year, I guess better late then never.

Also, it planescape, not "sigil, another location for your FR campaign". Should be interesting.

It could be related to Midway, which sounds very Sigil-esque.
But it's too early to discuss the November release.

This means two realistic possibilities.
One:
I suspect that it will likely be an announcement of the Enhanced Edition of Planescape: Torment.

Two: Planescape on the DMsGuild.

Or both...

Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dustmen ;)

I will throw my vote behind those that think this is a start of a big multimedia idea: video games, books, and RPG stuff. I was hoping the Big Book of Content would focus on other campaign world's races and classes (and Planescape is a convenient vehicle to do that, along with being a campaign setting), so this seems like a good sign.

Quickleaf

Legend
Hoping it's something related to the Planescape we know and not a complete reboot using the MTG Planeshift stuff they have been putting out (Which is my hunch).

I don't supposed anyone has actually confirmed that it's a WoTC owned address have they? Most I have gotten so far is that it's registered with Godaddy.

Well, [MENTION=6706188]MonsterEnvy[/MENTION] confirmed here that it was posted on WOTC's Twitter account.

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
VeqP27K.png

It's Planescape Torment Enhanced Edition!

The page source has a line that says: secret="0x50 0x53 0x54 0x45 0x45" Those hexidecimal values convert to "PSTEE" in ASCII.

Remove ads

Remove ads