WotC_PeterS: Class Names| NEW: Rouse-ist parts of PHB

Clavis

First Post
Rel said:
Gaming and gaming forums are supposed to be fun. If you're feeling nausea then maybe you should consider taking a break from the source.

(this is not a moderator command, just friendly advice)

I'm OK now. I've taken a deep breath, reached my happy place, and turned off the Rage Against the Machine songs. ;)

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I now present to you the War power source:

Warlord: War Leader
Warlock: War Striker
Warlover: Lover not a fighter
Warfighter: Fighter not a lover
Warden: War Defender
Warbeast: "I bet it has horns!"
Warrior: War Warrior
WAR: Artist. Likes to draw things going "GGRRR!" at you.
Warmonger: Sells fish.
Warblade: Breaks the edition
Warhero: Not a person. A battle sandwich.
Warm: And fluffy!
Warhamster: And fluffy!
Warham: mmmmm
Warhammer: About 24,784.
Warp: Go to world 4, Mario!
Warhammock: It's got spikes!
Ware: There!
Prisoner of War: Mr. Reynolds, please, let me out of the cage!
Angel of War: War Controller
Act of War: It's a Major Action. It hopes to be promoted to General Action. It started off as a Private Action.
Wark: An ark made for war! Also, the sound a chocobo makes!
Wargent: Excuse me, sir, would you be so kind as to allow me to stick you with this sword? Jolly good!
Warcriminal: The...uh...jury's still out.
Warble: But don't fall down!
Warf: War Klingon (is that redundant?)

Tee hee!

Lackhand

First Post
inkmonkeys said:
Except that one thing that YOU hated. That was intentional and aimed directly at YOU. YOU know who YOU are.
Well, yeah, but the immediate emotional reaction that I had to the one thing that I hated caused me to black out momentarily.

When I came to again, it was gone. I claim shenanigans.

Protagonist

First Post
Kamikaze Midget said:
I now present to you the War power source:

Warlover: Lover not a fighter

Warblade: Breaks the edition

Warp: Go to world 4, Mario!

Act of War: It's a Major Action. It hopes to be promoted to General Action. It started off as a Private Action.

That's warsome! And made of victory!

Najo

First Post
Clavis said:
Oh, it isn't blinding rage. It's nausea at the way a carefully crafted corperate PR strategy is being presented, and accepted, as the random thoughts of game-loving designers, none of whom ever seem to question the basic design decisions of 4th edition. No dissent apparently at WOTC. 100% agreement that the game has always been in desperate need of rewriting by the brave WOTC designers. Of course, in America we've been subjected to this kind of manipulation by marketers for so long we don't even mind it anymore. The same people who rabidly defended 3rd edition when the Grognards pointed out that the game was hopelessly broken, are now the same people who talk about how many problems 3rd edition had, and why we need 4th edition. Will the fanboys follow the corperate party line when Hasbro decides that 4th edition is broken, and a 5th edition is needed? Almost certainly.

To you 3.x isn't broken. I understand that. But, to new players who won't play it because of barriers to entry (mountains of books, difficult to DM, complicated character creation options, counter intuitive sub systems like turning and grappling) the game was needing fixing.

D&D 3.x started off good, and it diffentately brought D&D to a better system and overall improved it. But 4e is needed whether you realize it or not. 3.x became a bloated beast, where low level play was boring and highlevel play extremely difficult to build adventures for. Epic level play was a joke. 3.x suffers from many issues with rules bloat, as well as DM planning being difficult with how complicated monsters had become. All of these factors amount to slowing the game down and keeping new players from playing.

Many gamers tend to like drama, and they tend to take things personal. We know WOTC needs to make money, and they are going to make choices that continue to increase revenue. But they know they can't do that back "tricking" you. 4e is needed to make D&D stronger against threats like MMOs and other forms of immediate entertainment. You have to make D&D a game anyone interested in it can pick up and start playing without help and then it grows with the player into a rewarding and deep experience. That is what 4e is trying to be. Just hold out till June to judge for youself, you might love 4e.

Set

First Post
Instead of Fighter, the 4E class will be called Man-At-Arms.

And Wizard, Cleric and Rogue will be replaced with Sorceress, Teela and Cringer.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
grimslade said:
Criminal Gymnast
Morally Suspect Contortionist
I love these. A lot. :D

Personally, I've always liked "Myrmidon" to describe the Fighter/Warrior, but have never used it myself. The 1ed level titles for each character class r0xx0rz like that.

Last edited:

Remove ads