D&D 5E WotC's Kate Welch Hints at Celebrity-Written 2020 Adventure Book

Well, now, this is interesting; this seems to suggest a collection of smaller, new adventures, and the people involved are exciting: True Blood's Deborah Ann Woll and Critical Role's Marisha Ray.

Well, now, this is interesting; this seems to suggest a collection of smaller, new adventures, and the people involved are exciting: True Blood's Deborah Ann Woll and Critical Role's Marisha Ray.

800px-Deborah_Ann_Woll_by_Gage_Skidmore_2.jpg

According to comicbook.com "...An upcoming Dungeons & Dragons book will feature adventures written by actresses Deborah Ann Woll and Marisha Ray. Earlier this week, D&D designer Kate Welch announced that Woll and Ray were working on an official D&D product, which will come out in 2020. No details were given about the theme of the upcoming book, but Welch noted that the book would feature work by many writers who hadn't had adventures published by Dungeons & Dragons before. Welch also noted that neither Woll nor Ray had written a published adventure before, but both submitted exceptional work."

Full Twitch broadcast is at "Spoilers and Swag".

oknazevad

Explorer
Not surprised that Woll's work would be good. If you've ever caught an episode of Relics & Rarities, the streaming series she DM's for, she's quite good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Deborah Ann Woll is a toptier DM for sure. She's magical. Marisha seems like more of a celeb pick, but perhaps she surprises us?

Well, she does DM, and is a writer/producer of content. She'll have a very good first reader for feedback, so I think it could be really cool. Really excited to see what this product will entail.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
This is really exciting! Anybody care to speculate on other celebrity contributors? I'm hoping to see submissions from Sumalee Montano, Satine Phoenix, Wil Wheaton, and Stephen Colbert.

This is really exciting! Anybody care to speculate on other celebrity contributors? I'm hoping to see submissions from Sumalee Montano, Satine Phoenix, Wil Wheaton, and Stephen Colbert.

Mercer? I suspect a few others from Critical Roll will contribute. Looking forward to see more info in this.

Parmandur

Book-Friend

Kind of depends on what the theme or unifying purpose of the book ends up being: female authors, never before published authors, celebrity authors?

Joe Manganeillo comes to mind, if it's just celebrity authors. The guy seems to eat, sleep and breathe D&D nowadays. I'd suggest Matthew Lillard, too, but I dunno if him being one of the execs of Beadle & Grimm's would disqualify him or not.

Sir Brennen

Legend

I don't think Colbert is actively playing D&D anymore, other than for charity, like the game he played with Mercer. So not sure he'd have time or enough familiarity with the current edition to produce anything. However, Joe Montagliano might be a possibility. Now that he's not working on a D&D movie script anymore :.-(

Remove ads

Remove ads