D&D 5E WotC's Kate Welch Hints at Celebrity-Written 2020 Adventure Book

Well, now, this is interesting; this seems to suggest a collection of smaller, new adventures, and the people involved are exciting: True Blood's Deborah Ann Woll and Critical Role's Marisha Ray.

Well, now, this is interesting; this seems to suggest a collection of smaller, new adventures, and the people involved are exciting: True Blood's Deborah Ann Woll and Critical Role's Marisha Ray.

800px-Deborah_Ann_Woll_by_Gage_Skidmore_2.jpg

According to comicbook.com "...An upcoming Dungeons & Dragons book will feature adventures written by actresses Deborah Ann Woll and Marisha Ray. Earlier this week, D&D designer Kate Welch announced that Woll and Ray were working on an official D&D product, which will come out in 2020. No details were given about the theme of the upcoming book, but Welch noted that the book would feature work by many writers who hadn't had adventures published by Dungeons & Dragons before. Welch also noted that neither Woll nor Ray had written a published adventure before, but both submitted exceptional work."

Full Twitch broadcast is at "Spoilers and Swag".

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yeah, Arkhan is an NPC in it, isn't he?

Arkham is one of the NPCs of his in the book (and he has the Hand of Vecna!), but he contributed more than that: they were light on specifics, but apparently Arkhan & Friends are a fleshed out faction in Avernus that the players can interact with, and Manginello did quite a bit of write-up for this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arkham is one of the NPCs of his in the book (and he has the Hand of Vecna!), but he contributed more than that: they were lightning specifics, but apparently Arkham & Friends are a fleshed out faction in Avernus that the players can interact with, and Manginello did quite a bit of write-up for this.

Well, damn! I'm glad to hear he's so involved; he's got a ton of passion for the game.

I've got to say, though, if anyone had told me that Alcide and Jessica from True Blood were gonna be unofficial D&D brand ambassadors 5 years ago, I would have chuckled heartily. We live in strange times...

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Well, damn! I'm glad to hear he's so involved; he's got a ton of passion for the game.

I've got to say, though, if anyone had told me that Alcide and Jessica from True Blood were gonna be unofficial D&D brand ambassadors 5 years ago, I would have chuckled heartily. We live in strange times...

True story; when talking about the Tyranny of Dragons hardcover re-release exclusive to hobby stores in this stream, Stewart talked about wanting to give back to the hobby stores, which was D&D's only line if support five years ago: it went from drowning to phenomenon, so fast.

gyor

Legend
For me, a "written by celebrities" book would be nice, and an "all writers are women" book even moreso. I like that our hobby is evolving to become more mainstream and accessible. Long overdue, IMO.

Access is fine and even more mainstream, but those aren't signs of that so much as simply tacky. And in the case of an all women book that debiliteately excludes male (or trans) writers sexiest.

Remove ads

Remove ads