The Community Update page on D&D Beyond has a new entry which briefly covers topics such as ongoing support for schools and clubs, accessibilty of D&D Beyond for players with disabilities, early plans for the third-party creator marketplace, plans for convention attendance, and the upcoming Virtual Tabletop.
It's mainly a (very brief) recap of things which came out of the recent D&D Creator Summit (see D&D Creator Summit--VTT & One D&D, D&D Creator Summit--'D&D Beyond And Beyond', D&D Creator Summit -- Morning Sessions) but the key points include:
- One D&D reiterated again as being 5th edition, not a new edition. This is something WotC is repeating frequently, and is a message they are clearly very keen to get across.
- School and club support includes teaching kits, afterschool club kits, and free access to D&D Beyond resources for educators.
- Plans to connect with accessibility experts to ensure D&D Beyond is a tool that everybody can use.
- Migration to D&D Beyond as the 'front door' of D&D.
- Intention to eventually create a third party marketplace, but this is a long way in the future.
- A new creator summit at Gen Con in August.
- Pre-alpha tests of the VTT with small groups.
Last edited by a moderator: