D&D General WotC's Secret Lore Book

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
DON'T WORRY!!! I FOUND IT....

20190707_133220.jpg

darjr

I crit!
What I'd love to see is the living 15 year plan. I think that it's changed some since the next playtest, but I think many of the things that were in it have come to pass. Also I'd love to know the things that have come to pass that were not in it.

The entire premise here is that somehow Wizards controls the lore in my game. While that happens when I play/run AL, there's not a snowball's chance in Avernus of that being the case for my own game.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The entire premise here is that somehow Wizards controls the lore in my game. While that happens when I play/run AL, there's not a snowball's chance in Avernus of that being the case for my own game.

I'd say it is father the opposite: they gave this whole multiverse approach that allows them to publish products with links, but without overdetermining what "really" happened, as was the case in earlier editions.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
From If I Was The Evil Overlord:

Within my fortress, I will place a thick binder / CD / thumb drive / other data storage device where it can easily be found, and label it Operation Overlord SECRET PLANS. It will be booby-trapped. Many foolish short-sighted heroes will fall for this. For those who survive the experience, the contents will actually be a recipe book or something else innocuous. Heroes who are fully persuaded of their high intelligence will go crazy trying to figure out the secret code, which does not actually exist. (If they DO find a secret code, I will get them to show me what it is.)

My actual Secret Plans will be kept in my personal chambers and will be labelled something like Garbage Disposal Proposals.

digitalelf

Explorer
So where was this supposed book of secret FR lore dating back over 40 odd years when WotC published the 4th edition FR campaign setting?

Oops! Did I actually hit the Submit Reply button here?? I'm sorry. :angel:

Remove ads