D&D 5E Would folks be interested in a D&D TTRPG version of Universes Beyond?

Would folks be interested in a D&D TTRPG version of Universes Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Maybe if it's the right IPs

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • I don't know if it's a good idea or not

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • What's Universes Beyond

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • OP is an unspeakable heretic

Votes: 1 2.1%

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Universe beyond is so broad as to be Meaningless, and it’s not as if DND hasn’t already gone beyond its own IP

I would bet Hasbro's team have thought about that time ago, but 5Ed is not ready for no-fantasy franchises.

If they could, Hasbro would be interested into the licences of fantasy franchises: Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda, Dragon Quest, Conan the barbarian, Warcraft, Hercules&Xena.

There is some good reason because after the "collabs" of Stranger Things and Rick&Morty nothing more has been released.

Daraniya

Explorer
Hmm.

So, if it's a property that at least somewhat resembles D&D -- Princess Bride is a good suggestion -- it could work. Not sure that WotC has the bandwidth, especially now, to take on more work and either pay a licensing fee on the final product or split the profits.

If it's a property that requires them to make a modern day or science fiction ruleset, then absolutely not. Too much work when they're not getting 100% of the revenue stream.

This is the kind of thing the OGL is made for. If the Princess Bride license holders (who love licensing out the movie) want an RPG (in fact, wasn't there supposed to be one at some point?), they can just use the OGL to do it and leave WotC out of it.
There was, I kickstarted it a few years back... it made news on the Internet...

but it was FUDGE based... I went all in with the limited edition wooden case and hardcover... Steffan O'Sullivan of FUDGE and Gurps fame collaborated on it. not sure where you can get the PDF or POD as of now...

Remove ads