D&D 5E Would You Allow These Feats?

Zardnaar

Legend
Divine soul needs a new feat. Feat two the PCs are becoming traders as a "domain". They were rewarded with an estate and have bought a sandship.

+1 charisma
You know one extra spell (warlock, sorcerer, bard)

+1 charisma
Opposed persuade vs wisdom (insight). Buy or sell one item +/- 10%

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I would happily allow the first. I'd probably expand it to any class that has spells known and allow the ability bonus to apply to the relevant spellcasting modifier (intelligence, wisdom, or charisma)

I'm not sure if the 2nd is strong enough for a feat, but, because you've mentioned they have become traders, it might be inline with other feats for this campaign.

Coroc

Hero
I do not see any balance issues.
The extra spell does create an appropriate slot or does it only add to spells known? (I did assume the later for my evaluation)

Zardnaar

Legend
I would happily allow the first. I'd probably expand it to any class that has spells known and allow the ability bonus to apply to the relevant spellcasting modifier (intelligence, wisdom, or charisma)

I'm not sure if the 2nd is strong enough for a feat, but, because you've mentioned they have become traders, it might be inline with other feats for this campaign.

The first feat does that for other classes I paraphrased it for worse case scenario in my game.

The other feat does interact with various other trading rules. Buying in bulk, from the source they can get a 90% discount.

10% this feat
10% generic bargain roll
50% bulk purchase
20% villages (produce).

They're looking at turning their estate into growing grain and exporting grain and beer. Their domain will be a ruined port they start restoring or build a new private port.

Zardnaar

Legend
I do not see any balance issues.
The extra spell does create an appropriate slot or does it only add to spells known? (I did assume the later for my evaluation)

Yes you know an extra spell.

There is a feat that let you call back a spell slot but that's in the Midgard Heroes book and is already allowed. The Invoker has it and he likes playing with leylines.

Zardnaar

Legend
Oh they basically want to export grain/beer from not Egypt to not Italy while dealing with a not Ottomans Dragon Empire. It's Midgard.

Last edited:

Horwath

Legend
Both feats are kind of weak IMHO. 2nd one is already under persuation skill with most DMs.

If we compare the 1st feat with Fey Teleportation from XGTE we can see that it is little underwhelming.

Maybe go with:
+1 Int, wis or cha
you learn Extra spell. You can cast it once free per short rest.
Spell must be one level lower that the highest spell you can cast.

Or as an option highest level spell, but then it is once per long rest.

And it cannot be spell higher than level 5.

Divine soul needs a new feat. Feat two the PCs are becoming traders as a "domain". They were rewarded with an estate and have bought a sandship.

+1 charisma
You know one extra spell (warlock, sorcerer, bard)

Yes

+1 charisma
Opposed persuade vs wisdom (insight). Buy or sell one item +/- 10%
No. It's too game mechanics-y. I prefer a more role played approach to bargaining - make an offer, make a skill check.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases