Would you buy a 3e Greyhawk Camapaign Setting Book?

Harlequin

First Post
Annual of LG Journals

What i would like is for WotC to bring out an Annual book combined with all the Greyhawk Info from the Living Greyhawk Journals brought out thru the year...

They could add other stuff as well and it would be something really cool to look forward to each year...

Not many people want to buy Dragon Magazine just to get the Greyhawk Material and even if they do (like me) dont have the opportunity to subscribe to it here (Australia)

I am not paying $20AU for a magazine that i could get for a quarter of that thru subscription...

Anyway i think its a cool idea.

Harlequin

AmerginLiath

Adventurer
I play Dragonlance, but I bought the FRCS for all the crunchy bits inside. I'd likely buy a GHCS too if it was equally well put-together and crunchy...

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
YES!!!!

I would by this as soon as I saw it. But like chatdemon (welcome back by the way) and others have said there is the LGG which is the best GH book I've seen yet, although the map is not as good as previous editions.

Others have said that there is GH stuff in several other books. I agree, but having all that with a better map in a nice book would be better then going thru 5,6,7+ books. A GHCS could contain its history and current events and its gods and some of the more specific GH PrC; as an example the Knight Protector of the Great Kingdom (lets face it some of those PrC in the class books are more GH then others IMO). Also spells such as 3e conversions of the spells from the earlier GH Adventures books; as an example the Thunderlance spell was in the 'Pages from the Mages' Accessory for 2e and in the 3e Magic of Faerun (then again this might be a Magic of Oerth book, hmmm... something else to campaign for now ;)), there are a lot of spells in there that could be converted for 3e. If it can be done for FR then it could be done for the 'Default' setting as well.

Concerning an Annual of LGJ's I think that would be great too. They are very good so far and more of them would be even better. Erik you and your team have done fantasic work there, you are to be congratulated and you'll should be proud of the work. As I've said in previous posts I just wish for more of it concerning GH like we get in the LGJ's.

BButler

First Post
It would be cool to have a nice hardbound campaign setting book for Greyhawk like there is for the Realms, and I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I do agree with the previous posters, though, that the PrC's and stuff are there for the using in the core books and splatbooks, but it would be nice to have it all together in a nice hardbound product.

What I'd really like to see, though, are books detailing smaller chunks of Greyhawk in greater detail, sort of like The Marklands and Iuz the Evil did. I'd love some further info on post-war Greyhawk City, for instance. Crunchy bits are cool, but I find the setting material to be vital to a good campaign, and very time-consuming to homebrew.

Brian

(and let me cast my vote for a LGJ annual.)

Last edited:

A'koss

Explorer
If you would have asked me... two years ago... I would have stood on my head for the opportunity. I can count on one hand the number of GH products I don't own but now I've got a homebrew world going full steam ahead and GH just doesn't hold our group's interest as it used to. I'm really enjoying the LGJ however, but more from a nostagic point of view and stealing snippits for idea mining. Anyone else finds themselves in the same boat...?

Cheers,

A'koss!

Eye Tyrant

First Post
Hmmm.... A definite mebbe! Though I've never played in GH... I've been a FR gamer for the last 8 years... Prior to that I played in Homebrews...

omedon

First Post
I would like to see a revamped Greyhawk Campaign setting published. As the default setting it deserves much better treatment than WOTC has given it.

I would like to see the following changes:
- Hardcover
- Remove the word living from the title
- Remove all the living greyhawk material and replace it with cruchy bits.
- A page count larger than FRCS

Attachments

• ENnies_Logo.jpg
    ENnies_Logo.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 3,165

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases