Would you buy a 3e Greyhawk Camapaign Setting Book?

chatdemon

First Post
Another reality check:

Greyhawk is the default/core setting. This means that WotC won't introduce wild new Prestige Classes, Magic Variants, Feats, and such for Greyhawk that invalidate the PHB, DMG, MM, and class "splat" books. As the default/core setting, all Greyhawk needed was a book of history, lore and plot ideas The D&D Gaz. provides that, leaving a lot of the detail untouched to allow a home DM to turn the setting into something useful to them.

The we have Living Greyhawk, and the LGG. More detail, more "canon", more traditional Greyhawk storylines. Keep in mind though that both Erik Mona and Stephen Radney-MacFarland have made it perfectly clear all along that the LG campaign and associated sourcebooks and magazines MUST follow core D&D rules. This means you will see very little in the way of innovative new Prestige Classes, Feats, Magic, or other rules mechanics type material coming out under a Greyhawk logo.

That's OK though. Why? Because the class "splat" books have a bunch of Greyhawk specific Prestige Classes. The PHB is full of Greyhawk specific spells. The DMG has all the important Greyhawk magic items and artifacts. The monster manual has enough of the basic Greyhawk Monsters to get you going.

The Living Greyhawk Journal magazine goes one step further, providing even more material with a heavier Greyhawk content. This is now available en masse via Dragon magazine.

WotC has said repeatedly that there will be no "Greyhawk Campaign Setting" book beyond the LGG, but what is more important is, you already have what you are asking for, and like Maria said, if you want more Greyhawk from WotC, buying what is out is the surest way to make it happen.

Talath

Explorer
It's a tricky situation my friends

If they did make a 3e GHCS (very theoretical, good chance of never happening) I would buy it.

As is, LGG is good enough. Maybe not as crunchy.

Maybe that's why I don't read it much :D

Remove ads