Would you buy a 3e Greyhawk Camapaign Setting Book?

Turlogh

Explorer
Yes, if it was Extremely Well Done

I would like to see a consistent back story to Oerth (ex- when did Vecna rule (where?), Kereptis, Lyzandred, Acerecek, etc). It should also try to smooth out some of the contradictions between the different editions.

NLP

First Post
Turlogh said:
I would like to see a consistent back story to Oerth (ex- when did Vecna rule (where?).

Vecna's empire was coming to it's close about the time of the Great Migration. There's information about this in the LGG, LGJ and from what Erik has posted to the RPGA Boards.

As far as where, I'd suggest looking for the Halls of the Lich-king somewhere in the Rushmoors. :)

Agamon

Adventurer
If it wasn't redundant with info from LGG, I would. Otherwise, probably not.

Attachments

• Cthulu banner.jpg
    Cthulu banner.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24,426

NLP

First Post
Turlogh said:
I would like to see a consistent back story to Oerth (ex- when did Vecna rule (where?), Kereptis, Lyzandred, Acerecek, etc). It should also try to smooth out some of the contradictions between the different editions.

Oops! Hit submit by mistake!

There is a reason there is no "back story" in Greyhawk. It so that players and DMs can arrange it to suit their own purposes. For example, canon now has Vecna's Empire sitting in the Sheldomar, but if your campaign is in the Shield Lands, you are probably not going to have a reason to travel all the way to Keoland to look for Vecna's castle. Because you are the DM, you can decide where you want the Whispered One's empire to have been.

The DM could decided that it was in the Pale (Which is why the country is now directed by a theocracy. Religion grew strong fighting Vecna and his undead!), or it is hidden in the rift in the Bandet Kingdoms (This could lead to the Big K being a one-time minion of Acer-baby's who tried to usurp power after the "troubles" between Vecna and Kas), or it is buried within the Yatils (A reason for why Iggwilv to Tsocanth spent so much time up there).

Greyhawk history can be anything the DM wants it to be. That's not something easily said of the Forgotten Realms.

CrusaderX

First Post
I'd probably buy it, if it was as nice as the FRCS book. Heck, I'd probably buy it for the nostalgia alone, if it included lots of entries based on the old-school AD&D modules that I played through when I was a kid.

Aaron L

Hero
Yeah, Baby

If it was done like the FRCS, I'd buy it in a second. O'course, I'd buy any of the old campaign worlds if they were produced like the FRCS (except Planescape and Spelljammer, no offense), but Greyhawk is a definite.

applenerd

First Post
Kolvin_dragonsbane said:
I think that a full campaign adventure set specifically in Greyhawk like Night Below would be really cool though...

Well I don't know what Night Below was :( but RttToEE is pretty sweet and it's very much a GreyHawk specific adventure (you can easily substitute stuff to fit into any campaign blah blah blah). Also it wouldn't be as cohesive but you could make a campaign out of the core adventure modules which are (by default) in Greyhawk. I have to agree though that it would be cool to see some more Greyhawk specific adventures coming out.

Remove ads