• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Would you buy a hardcopy Tome of Horrors 3.5?

Wombat

First Post
No

Actually, there are very, very few monster books that I need. Most of my monsters are one-shots created to fit particular campaigns and opponents. They need to fit the world and its internal logic, rather than a game system in general.

Nope, no need to shell out extra for monsters that I would probably never end up using anyway.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Glyfair said:
In fact, I probably wouldn't. I have the hardcover & the 3.5 update. As it is I rarely use it (IMO the conversions stick too close to the early editions and too often don't take 3E paradigms into account), but I like having it. However, $30-$40 on stuff I already have is just more than I'm willing to spend.

That being said, having it in hardcover combined with Pathfinder using monsters from it would give it much deserved attention and might move it to a sort of "optional core."

Yes to above. No to me buying.

Those people who don't have it in some form should get it.

+5 Keyboard!

First Post
Voadam said:
Its not a list of errata, its the whole 400 page book updated to 3.5, for less money than the 3.0 pdf.
Thanks for the info. When I went looking all I found was an errata .pdf. Care to post a link for someone that doesn't seem to be able to find it?
Still, I really, really, really would like a v.3.5 ToH I book, but for now, a .pdf would at least satisfy my writing needs.

Arnwyn

First Post
delericho said:
Sorry, I'm a 'no'. I have the 3.0 version, and have been updating monsters as I need them.
I have to ditto this, as well as the "sorry".

I, too, have the 3.0 version, and I've found that I can update a ToH 3.0 monster to (my personal) 3.5 standard in 7.4 seconds or less. ;)

I love my ToH, but I can't justify buying the same product again just for the 0.5 upgrade. :(

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads