• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Would you buy a hardcopy Tome of Horrors 3.5?

Voadam

Legend
+5 Keyboard! said:
Thanks, Voadam. Just purchased it.

You're welcome. :) The 3.5 stuff has LAs for a bunch of monster races which is nice if you want to play or allow wierd characters. I almost got into a pbp game playing a grippli.

ivocaliban

First Post
Yes, more than likely I would. I had Tome of Horrors 3.0 for a couple of years. Then I decided to thin down my collection a bit and I sold it. Big mistake. Fast forward to last Christmas when I finally picked up Wilderlands of High Fantasy and discovered all these references to Tome of Horrors. I downloaded the $10 pdf version of Tome of Horrors 3.5 not long after. It's much cheaper and I'm glad to have it, but...it's not a book.

Until I leap into 21st century and get a laptop computer it's not very convenient either. I had the idea of printing the entire thing out myself, but realizing the time and expense involved I decided against that as well. For now, I just print off the creatures I intend to use in a specific adventure or campaign. While that's handy, I'd still rather have a book I can reference anytime I like at (or away from) the table.

I still have the 3.0 Version on my shelf.

Alas, I'm only able to game 1/week at the local gaming store 30 miles away.

If I had a 3.5 ToH, it'd make the trip every time (along with ToH2 & ToH3).

If it ever comes out, I'd have it on Pre-order immediatly.

Remove ads