D&D General Would you like there to be a new publication of Dark Sun?

Would you like there to be a new publication of Dark Sun?

• Yes (with or without additional conditions)

Votes: 88 65.7%
  • No (with or without additional conditions)

Votes: 46 34.3%

squibbles

Adventurer
Hi all, considering how heated the discussion here has been since WotC stated they would not revisit Dark Sun, I thought I'd ask how many of you would have liked them to do so (in an ad-hoc unscientific convenience sample).

The poll is deliberately simple, so that you can answer, on balance, which way you lean, and explain your reasoning and any conditions or complicating factors downthread.

Importantly, it's not meant to be asking "should WotC publish new Dark Sun books?", but rather do you want new Dark Sun books to be published.

...Also, please don't continue the argument from the other thread here. Ty :)

Jasperak

Adventurer
This is at least the fifth attempt at this post. I want nothing to do with the other Dark Sun thread and any arguments therein--never took one step inside.

My only comment is this: cannot the current generation of creators just make a new world/campaign that works off what is best in the current rules? Isn't that how we got Eberron with the new 3rd edition of D&D?

I want nothing to do with a reimagining of Dark Sun.

EDIT: Clarification on which thread I meant.

Last edited:

squibbles

Adventurer
This is at least the fifth attempt at this post. I want nothing to do with the current thread and any arguments therein--never took one step inside.
I also want nothing to do with the argument in the other threads, and I put a disclaimer to that effect in the OP. Nor do I have an agenda to decry WotC for its decision not to return to the setting. Having seen--and mostly opted out of--the heated discussion in the other threads, this thread is a gut check about what the posters here by and large want.

My only comment is this: cannot the current generation of creators just make a new world/campaign that works off what is best in the current rules? Isn't that how we got Eberron with the new 3rd edition of D&D?
Yes, that's a totally reasonable view.

And if the current generation of creators conceived a novel and textured new sword and planet, sword and sorcery, or swords and sandals setting, that integrated well with the 5e or upcoming OneD&D rules, I would love to see it published.

Jasperak

Adventurer
/snip

And if the current generation of creators conceived a novel and textured new sword and planet, sword and sorcery, or swords and sandals setting, that integrated well with the 5e or upcoming OneD&D rules, I would love to see it published.
Yes. This +1.

Sword & Sorcery and Sword & Planet are currently some of my favorite genres. While born of the adventure stories of a hundred years ago, I think they can grow much like Sci-fi has over the same span.

Remove ads