Would you listen to an official EN World podcast?

knihi

First Post
EN World Podcast?

You're talking to Ed Healy? So that means the Atomic Array / RPG Countdown / Open Design guys doing EN World? :):):):):) yeah! I'd listen to that in a heartbeat! Sign me up. Heck - sign me up twice!

Daigle

Explorer
Same as the post above.

Ed Healy and Rone Barton produce the best podcasts out there. Excellent quality and very funny guys. Heck, I'd listen to them read legal papers.

Certainly I'd listen and subscribe.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
Ed Healy and Rone Barton produce the best podcasts out there.

I wouldn't go that far. Don't get me wrong, they produce good stuff. But it could be better still, in my opinion.

Some of the best sounding podcasts out there come from Farpoint Media, namely Slice of SciFi, Dragon Page, and the Babylon Podcast. That's because Michael R. Mennenga is producing them and he's an audio engineer by trade. He's put forth the money to have the proper equipment to help make him sound good too. So it's his example that I look to when I say someone produces the best podcasts out there.

That being said, Ed Healy and Rone Barton are good at what they do and produce some good-sounding RPG podcasts. They would make for a good fit for EN World.

Wombat

First Post
I have listened to several podcasts and most of them have left me pretty cold. A few (very few!) sound at all professional, as if they know how to edit, etc. A lot of them fall into the "laugh at our own inside jokes" syndrome, which can be rough if you have never heard the program before. Equally, far too many of them simply ramble without making a real point beyond "games are cool".

If you could avoid all of those, then I would gladly give it a try.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
30 minutes sounds like a nice compact show. At that length twice monthly might be even better. :)

Hah! :)

To do it well, it's very expensive. We're going to need writers, music, all sorts of things. 30 mins per month is about all I can afford! :)

I imagine it'll be a learning process; I have a reasonable idea of what I want, but that'll be tailored over time. Important will be listener feedback - which segments folks like, which segments to ditch. And, if we can somehow leverage some community-driven content, that would be great.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
I normally don't listen to podcasts. Not that I don't like them, they're just time consuming. But, a once a month cast like you're proposing...Yeah, I'd probably listen to it. (How's that for a resounding endorsement?;))

I especially like your ideas on the content, specifically a top ten list. That would be fun to hear.

darjr

I crit!
Have you folks considered the Pulp Gamer crew. They have some cool pocasts and a 'network' of other podcasts to draw from.

devilish

Explorer
10 minutes of meaningless banter and un explained jokes between friends is horrible to listem to.

This is why I *despise* Diggnation -- love Digg but watching those two makes my ancestors bleed.

Ditto on the tough to setup --- if you've got someone who's done it, I'd
be sure to listen.

ashockney

First Post
Morrus

Podcasts are cool. ENWorld needs to expand this aspect of community to include the best podcasts, and perhaps even interact with them.

That is a win-win.

Remove ads