• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Would You Take this Ability? (Now with a Poll!)

So, What's the Verdict?

• Nothing needs to be changed; the ability is powerful and useful as-is.

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • Add a low XP cost to drop the immunity for a few rounds - 50 XP/character level.

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Add a high XP cost to drop the immunity for a few rounds - 200 XP/character level.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Allow the character to benefit normally from magical items.

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Long concentration drops immunity - ten minutes of concentration/couple rounds' susceptibility.

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • A little bit of time drops immunity - full-round action for a few rounds' vulnerability.

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Something else?

Votes: 15 28.8%

Kelleris

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
OK, I think the wizard is much worse off, but even if you will agree its even, the wizard in question would need to take 3 epic feats to be able to cast the 12th-level spells he needs to do this. So at least don't make the technologist power even more potent ;)

I think you're overplaying this "three epic feats" argument. A mage can actually gain the ability to generate either a permanent antimagic field or a permanent globe of invulnerability at will as a free action by taking a single epic feat, Permanent Emanation. That's almost certainly better than a similar ability that takes a fair amount of effort to drop, even for a Technologist. Taking Improved Spell Capacity three times also gives you several other benefits besides the ability to cast a persistent globe of invulnerability, of course.

Still, I get the feeling the consensus may be that SR is the way to go...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads