• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WoW is becoming DDM

HeinorNY

First Post
"The exciting game engine will allow for all the experiences that appeal to miniatures enthusiasts and WoW® fans alike. You can assemble a party of anywhere from one to five characters, all drawn from the classes and races of the MMO. Once you've built your party, you can engage in one-on-one battles, or you can team up with friends for full-blown melees. You can customize your Action Bar with a wide variety of abilities from the MMO. The Onyxia Raid will also allow you to play solo or cooperatively against either a player-controlled Onyxia or an automated version of the black dragon."

Can I do that with DDM?

StarFyre

Explorer
haha

"The quality level of this product is unprecedented in the collectible miniatures category," said 20-year-veteran miniatures painter Mike McVey. "This is a product I am happy to put my name behind."
---

HAHHAA
that's funny.

THose miniatures look like crap. Yes, they are prepainted, but I guess they haven't seen the prepainted some from Rackham, much nicer even though that company prob won't be around that much longer!

High quality level? laughable. You want high quality sculpts --

khaliman_sheikeditionspecia_09.jpg

by www.Kraken-editions.com for their game Alchemy.

Now for what they are, they will probably do well vs D&D Minis, Reaper Minis prepainted line I imagine...

Sanjay

HeinorNY

First Post
"The Alkemy Starter boxes contain everythin that you need to start playing:

- A warband of 5 unpainted unassembled plastic miniatures "

Also form the site: "ArteFactory’s scope is to give shape to characters coming from various horizons, from the archetypal barbarians to megalomaniacal penguins..."

Megalomaniacal penguins? I think I'll just stay with raging orcs and sorcerous elves TYVM.
intro_pic.jpg

Last edited:

ZombieRoboNinja

First Post
Jack99 said:
Just my thought!

hmm I wonder if they will make a character with thunderfury... that would be nice.

They already have/had a thingy where you could have a mini made of your ACTUAL WOW CHARACTER, complete with equipment. You can almost HEAR the cackling of mad glee as they lure back in the Penny Arcade guys and like 2 million others...

Lurks-no-More

First Post
theredrobedwizard said:
I think the real humor in this situation is that Warcraft is a direct ripoff of Warhammer. Now, with Warcraft minis coming out (and pre-painted none the less), it's like they're rereleasing Warhammer under their own name; with a bigger fanbase

I don't disagree that Warcraft started off as a rip-off on Warhammer, via D&D and Dune, but by now I think it's evolved into a thing of its own. :)

StarFyre

Explorer
ainatan

Dont' really care what people prefer....everyone has their own preference.

I scoff at the notion that those miniatures are actually high quality...

I know it takes more time...but I'd certainly rather paint 10000x nicer models and spend some time/effort than buy crap that I've seen 10 or 11 years olds do better...

And, FTR, artefactory is a subsection of Kraken, where the sculptors make whatever they like..hence Jeremie's penguin (he loves penguins)....alchemy is the game, but the models for it at not at the store I don't think. Some french retailer sites sell them. They are awesome quality. Allan Carrasco sculpts and I think some by Jacque Alexader Guillois...

Sanjay

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads