• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WoW is becoming DDM

HeinorNY

First Post
Zaruthustran said:
I think the real enjoyment of Warhammer was the painting and modding--the "hobby" bits. The actual gameplay of Warhammer is much, much better suited to a computer.
I think the same.
If you are not in it for the hobby of modelling and painting, it's just easier to play a RTS PC game online.
That's why I only buy minis to play RPGs. I can't see why play a purely skirmish miniature game instead of Warcraft 3 or any other RTS. I just can't find the fun in that.

AllisterH

First Post
ainatan said:
I think the same.
If you are not in it for the hobby of modelling and painting, it's just easier to play a RTS PC game online.
That's why I only buy minis to play RPGs. I can't see why play a purely skirmish miniature game instead of Warcraft 3 or any other RTS. I just can't find the fun in that.

It's about the number of units I suspect. There's a tipping point between the number of units a human can control confidently and the number of units a human does better with computer assistance.

Personally, I'm thinking we might see WoWMinis online before DDMonline.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Scott_Rouse said:
As I said here I have heard they are 48mm. I also read that on another minis message board (Max Minis).

Even the FAQ on the site the original post links to says (my emphasis):

You can build parties from the Alliance, Horde, and Monster factions. You'll have access to iconic characters such as Warchief Thrall, High Priestess Tyrande Whisperwind, and Archmage Arugal, all brought to life in beautiful palm-size masterpieces.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Badkarmaboy said:
For all the 10 million players....I just can't see this being a hit.
They'll just add some in-game prizes to the miniatures, like they have the TCG game. That'll create a secondary market that has nothing to do with miniatures gamers or tabletop players looking for miniatures.

It'll be a hit. This time next year, most people will claim they always knew it would be. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads