Pathfinder 1E Wrath of the Righteous Pathfinder CRPG Announced

The next Pathfinder CRPG is going to be Wrath of the Righteous, based on the 1e AP of the same name. "Wrath of the Righteous will migrate the RPG to a new part of the world of Golarion, the Worldwound, a demon-infested wasteland where a planar tear to the Abyss—which you’ll be able to visit—has opened".

VwgcX9rGopuCRPuwwYwrAW-970-80.jpg

Producers Owlcat Games are adding the Witch and Oracles classes. They are also adding a new race, the identity of which is currently unknown. Plus new archetypes, a version of the Mythic system, with six mythic paths to choose from, including Trickster, Celestial Angel, and Lich .

It's reasonable to assume that all the races and classes and archetypes will return from Kingmaker.

If that's the case, that means Sorcerer, Cleric, Fighter, Wizard, Rogue, Witch, Oracle, Inquisitor, Magus, Alchemist, Bard, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Slayer, Barbarian, Druid. That's 17 classes each of which will have at least 3 archetypes. It means Elves, Dwarves, Halflings, Gnomes, Humans, Half Orcs, Half Elves, Aasimar (Plumkin, Angelkin, Archonkin, Azatakin, Guardinalkin, Emberkin, regular Aasimar), Tieflings (Kytonkin, Demonkin, Qippolothkin, Deamonkin, Divkin, Devilkin, Rakshasakin, Asurakin, Onikin, regular Tieflings).

No release date has been announced, but if it's set to be released in 2020, then between Cyberpunk 2077, Baldur's Gate 3, Solasta, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, ect, 2020 is going to be one hell of a year for CRPGs!

Last edited by a moderator:

univoxs

That's my dog, Walter
Supporter
One cool thing about them using 1e adventure paths for the video games is a lot of people never got to play adventure paths or complete them. I was lucky, between my two tables I played just about every adventure path starting right from the beginning with RotRL. I have a few friends that have always been jealous of the fact that I got to play the real Kingmaker and were very happy with the video games release.

I never finished the Kingmaker video game, I think because I played the real one.

This does put a bit of a damper on my plans to run the adventure path. 3/4 players in my regular Pathfinder group played the Kingmaker PC game, and I don't expect the number to be much different for this one.

univoxs

That's my dog, Walter
Supporter
This does put a bit of a damper on my plans to run the adventure path. 3/4 players in my regular Pathfinder group played the Kingmaker PC game, and I don't expect the number to be much different for this one.

You may wish to pick a different adventure path! Luckily, with 2e coming out people are chucking thier 1e books and stores are trying to get rid of them, so you should people able to pick it up for cheap.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Luckily, with 2e coming out people are chucking thier 1e books and stores are trying to get rid of them, so you should people able to pick it up for cheap.

I for one have been taking egregious advantage of this. Also, at this point Paizo has marked most of their Pathfinder 1E catalogue down to 50% of the MSRP.

gyor

Legend
It is a good new, and I am really surprised because there are 17 classes, and this isn't a little number.

My doubt about creation of characters is if PCs races will be like 2nd Ed, with racial feats. And I could bet these base (no-core) classes will come back to Pf 2.

And this indirectly could affect D&D CRPGs because players will start to complain: "Pathfinder has got more classes, why only artificer after the core books?".

I believe I was wrong, all the classes from PF: KM are making a return, and a DLC added Kenetist, which I forgot, making it 18 classes and in their own press release they made it clear that more classes were coming in. The archetypes for Oracle and Witch I'm hoping make it in is Possessed (Oracle) and Seducer (Witch).

Also I am curious if mercany companions will be in.

MaskedGuy

Explorer

Ye just need to start running Wrath asap once or multiple times per week and you'll have it done before 2020 release :D

But seriously, they changed so many things in Kingmaker CRPG that even though I was playing Kingmaker AP at same time, I wasn't spoiled.

...I'm not even kidding, they really kind of butchered the fourth book to just the final dungeon and even that came with lots of changes :'D But yeah was sad to find out bog striders and Fort Drelev where a thing when I finally got to play that book in AP. And in book 5, since they didn't have mass combat rules, they changed the war part of the book completely to involve several sabotage quests that weren't in the book.

Ye just need to start running Wrath asap once or multiple times per week and you'll have it done before 2020 release :D

But seriously, they changed so many things in Kingmaker CRPG that even though I was playing Kingmaker AP at same time, I wasn't spoiled.
My biggest fear is that the group won't want to play it (and running it for a different group isn't really an option). And I really want to run it, it has such an impact on the setting!
Although at least one of the players who have played the Kingmaker vidyagame is really gung-ho about getting to play the Kingmaker adventure path, so who knows. Maybe I'm worried over nothing. I just hope they eventually start making original stories for the PC games.

yojimbouk

Explorer
Interesting. Not my choice for a follow up to Pathfinder but it should have some new mechanics which will make it different from Pathfinder. Clearly they thought Skull & Shackles would be too similar to Pillars of Eternity 2.

Although at least one of the players who have played the Kingmaker vidyagame is really gung-ho about getting to play the Kingmaker adventure path, so who knows. Maybe I'm worried over nothing. I just hope they eventually start making original stories for the PC games.
Why not adapt APs to video games? Hollywood adapts novels into movies. RPG adventures seems the natural analogue. Also, having been previously play tested gives the developers a great starting position in producing a satisfactory plot.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases