Pathfinder 1E Wrath of the Righteous Pathfinder CRPG Announced

The next Pathfinder CRPG is going to be Wrath of the Righteous, based on the 1e AP of the same name. "Wrath of the Righteous will migrate the RPG to a new part of the world of Golarion, the Worldwound, a demon-infested wasteland where a planar tear to the Abyss—which you’ll be able to visit—has opened".

The next Pathfinder CRPG is going to be Wrath of the Righteous, based on the 1e AP of the same name. "Wrath of the Righteous will migrate the RPG to a new part of the world of Golarion, the Worldwound, a demon-infested wasteland where a planar tear to the Abyss—which you’ll be able to visit—has opened".

VwgcX9rGopuCRPuwwYwrAW-970-80.jpg

Producers Owlcat Games are adding the Witch and Oracles classes. They are also adding a new race, the identity of which is currently unknown. Plus new archetypes, a version of the Mythic system, with six mythic paths to choose from, including Trickster, Celestial Angel, and Lich .

It's reasonable to assume that all the races and classes and archetypes will return from Kingmaker.

If that's the case, that means Sorcerer, Cleric, Fighter, Wizard, Rogue, Witch, Oracle, Inquisitor, Magus, Alchemist, Bard, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Slayer, Barbarian, Druid. That's 17 classes each of which will have at least 3 archetypes. It means Elves, Dwarves, Halflings, Gnomes, Humans, Half Orcs, Half Elves, Aasimar (Plumkin, Angelkin, Archonkin, Azatakin, Guardinalkin, Emberkin, regular Aasimar), Tieflings (Kytonkin, Demonkin, Qippolothkin, Deamonkin, Divkin, Devilkin, Rakshasakin, Asurakin, Onikin, regular Tieflings).

No release date has been announced, but if it's set to be released in 2020, then between Cyberpunk 2077, Baldur's Gate 3, Solasta, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, ect, 2020 is going to be one hell of a year for CRPGs!

ppaladin123

Adventurer

Apparently Oracle and Witch won't be the only new classes for WotR.

Classes so far are Slayer, Wizard, Rogue, Fighter, Cleric, Oracle, Sorcerer, Witch, Inquisitor, Magus, Monk, Bard, Paladin, Ranger, Kinetist, Barbarian, Druid, Alchemist, I was wrong, its 18 classes so far, not 17.

So what new classes on top of these would you like to see?

For me, Summoner, but that is a tough one. If Summoner is too hard, then Spiritualist, but with the divine magic archetype.

The investigator with the empiricist archetype, the skald, and the warpriest. Also thinking that if the witch is in then the hexcrafter magus becomes an option.

gyor

Legend
The investigator with the empiricist archetype, the skald, and the warpriest. Also thinking that if the witch is in then the hexcrafter magus becomes an option.

Spiritualist could be a more realistic choice instead of the summoner. I never got the appeal of the Warpriest, the cleric is already a mix of fighter and divine spellcasting and the Paladin is a mix of Cleric and Fighter as is the Cruasader Archtype. If the wanted an interesting mix of classes Rogue/Cleric to make a new class, Summoner/Cleric, Bard/Cleric, Witch/Cleric, would have been more unique interesting combos, Warpriest is the single more boring combo to inspire a new class I could think of.

ppaladin123

Adventurer
The warpriest is odd since it is, I think, supposed to be a paladin for people who don't want the LG paladin code. Both d&d 5e and pathfinder 2e went the alternate route of making a "paladin" class that wasn't restricted to a single code and alignment.

Remove ads

Remove ads