Wrath of the Righteous

81Dagon

Explorer
Each of the nights wears a finely crafted, but mundane, shirt of chain mail. Between the two bodies, Calloh finds 162 gold pieces. In the other fist of the body that held the scroll, he also finds tightly clenched a small brass bullhead with tiny red garnets as its eyes.

Leif

Adventurer
Calloh, half-elf bard 1

"I'll just hold on to these for now, and we can share it out later." Calloh tucks the coins into his backpack, and the bull's head into his right front pocket. "We might want to see about packing these two suits of chainmail, too. They look to be a cut above the ordinary." Callow will take some time to inspect the chainmail more carefully to see whether any designs or other identifying marks are woven into the pattern of the links.

perception targeted on chainmail (1d20+3=5)

[sblock=Calloh's sheet]
Picture: View attachment 58769

Calloh [pronounced “callow”]

Alignment: N/G
Half-Elf -- Favored Classes - Bard, Fighter
Bard 1
440+120=560 XP [post # 211] +40+120+10 [post 255] = 730 xp +120 for crazed dwarf = 850
Correct X.P. -- 960 [OOC post # 171]

[sblock=Ability Point Buy, 20 pts]
S11 (1pts)
D14 (5pts)
C12 (2pts)
I14 (5 pts)
W12 (2 pts)
C16 (5 pts=14) (+2 racial)
[/sblock]

Final Ability Scores at L1:
S11 +0
D14 +2
C12 +1
I14 +2
W12 +1
C16 +3

BAB: 0

AC: 17 [10+3+2+2]
HP: 10 [8+1+1]

SAVES:
Fort +1
Ref: +4
Will: +3
+2 to save vs. Enchantment/Fear effects
Immune to magic sleep effects
Concentraion: Caster Level 1 + 2 Cha bonus + 2 Trait bonus = +5

SKILLS 6+2=8 pts @ 1st Level
Bluff 1 rank +3 Cha +3 class skill = +7
Diplomacy 1 rank +3 Cha +3 class skill = +7
Disable Device 0 rank +2 Dex = +2
Knowledge (Planes) 1 rank +2 Int +1 bardic knowledge +3 class skill = +7
Knowledge (all others untrained) 0 ranks +2 Int +1 bardic Knowledge = +3
Linguistics 0 rank +2 int = +2
Perception 0 rank +1 Wis +2 Racial = +3
Perform (Stringed Instruments) 1 rank +3 Cha +3 class skill +3 Feat Bonus = +10
Profession (Musician) 1 rank +1 Wis +3 class skill = +5
Sleight of Hand 1 rank +2 Dex +3 class skill = +6
Stealth 1 rank +2 Dex +3 class skill = +6
Use Magic Device 1 rank +3 Cha +3 class skill = +7

Languages: Common, Elvish, Sylvan

FEATS 1+1 racial (skill focus)
Weapon Finesse (Dex mod. instead of Str with certain wpns *+2* but shield ACP applies *-1* for a net +1)
Skill Focus [Perform (stringed instruments)]

BARDIC PERFORMANCE, 7 rounds/day [4 used]
Countersong [allies use my Perform check in place of saving throw]
Distraction [counters magic effects that are sight-dependent, check replaces saving throw if higher]
Fascinate [1 creature, Will DC 13 or -4 to skill checks made as reactions]
Inspire Courage [+1 on saves vs. fear/charm, and +1 att/dam rolls]

SPELLS [Per day: L0 - at-will, L1 - 1+1] [Save DC = 13+spell level]
[Spells Cast: L0: 0; L1: 0]
Daze - 0
Detect Magic - 0
Summon Instrument - 0
Read Magic – 0
Cure Light Wounds - 1
Hypnotism - 1

PP
GP 0
SP 4
CP

EQUIPMENT [105 gp starting funds]
Studded Leather Armor [25 gp, +3 AC]
Heavy Wooden Shield [7 gp, +2 AC]
Rapier [20 gp, 1d8 damage] [+1 att, +0 dam] [+2 w/o shield]
Daggers 2 [@ 2 gp, 1d4 damage] [+1 att melee-feat (+2 w/o shield) or +2 thrown-dex]
Short Bow [30 gp, 1d6 damage] [+2 att, +0 dam]
Borrowed Arrows - 6
Lute, Exceptional Quality [14 gp] [3 gp is ordinary cost]
Waterskin [1 gp]
Trail Rations 3 days [@ 5 sp per day]
Backpack [2 gp]
Bedroll [1 sp]
Traveler's Outfit [1 gp]

TREASURE CARRIED:
162 gp
a small brass bullhead with tiny red garnets as its eyes

Traits: 1. Riftwarden [Campaign Trait] 2. Courageous 3. Anatomist

History: Calloh was born to two adventurers, his mother was an elf champion and his father a human wizard. They were both Riftwardens who adventured into the Worldwound on a secret mission soon after Calloh was born. They left their newborn son with trusted allies, perhaps knowing that their odds of returning were slim. In any case, they met their doom in the Worldwound. Not long after their departure, the foster parents that they had chosen for their son noticed that a mark had appeared on the inside of Calloh's right leg – The Sign of the Seeker's Spiral. [Riftwarden Orphan Trait bonus of +2 on Concentration checks.] The mysterious circumstances of his parents' disappearance sparked an insatiable curiosity in Calloh. When he grew up, he was so intent on making new discoveries and learning new things that he almost seemed fearless when it came to new places, experiences, people, and creatures. [Couageous Trait bonus of +2 on Saves vs. Fear Effects.] Now that Calloh has fully come of age, he seeks to learn the destiny of his parents, hoping against hope that he may somehow find them alive and be able to bring them home safely. For his last trait, Calloh chooses Anatomist, which gives him +1 on rolls to confirm critical hits.

FYI -- Calloh is advancing as a Bard with an eye toward gaining levels in a PrC later. Arcane Archer and Eldritch Knight are his PrCs of interest at this time. Arcane Archer requires him to have a BAB of +6, which he would either obtain by being Bard3 Fighter4 -- CL7, or Bard2 Fighter5 also CL7. Eldritch Knight requires at least one level of fighter and 7th level in bard, so CL8. Or, Eldritch Knight could be pursued by adding a third class, sorcerer to the mix, making Bard2 Fighter1 Sorcerer5, which is also CL8. If he shaved the bard level off he could do that at CL7 as well, but when the third class enters the mix, Calloh will face some XP penalties that will probably make it cost-prohibitive. Realistically, then, we're looking at Arcane Archer at CL7, Bard4 Fighter3. Let's hope that this game continues in good health for a few more years, then!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

As it seems there's no immediate threat, in spite of Shayuri's intuition that something is 'off,' Medjai moves to inspect the bodies, as well as the armor offered up by Calloh.​
[/section]

[sblock=Actions & Rolls]Perception (1d20+2=21)[/sblock]
Paladin (Shining Knight/Warrior of the Holy Light) 01

Init +1, HP 11/11, Speed 30
AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 16
Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +4

Base Attack Bonus +1
GreatSword +5 (2d6+6, 19/x2)
EarthBreaker +5 (2d6+6, 20/x3)
Dagger +5 (+2 Ranged, 10') (1d4+4, 19/x2)
Cestus +5 (1d4+4)

Lamellar (Leather) Armor (+4 Armor, +1 Dex, +2 Natural)

Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 11, Int 08, Wis 14, Cha 14

Condition None
[/sblock]

81Dagon

Explorer
As far as Calloh can tell, the chainmail is standard issue from Mendev, as distributed to those knights, paladins, clerics, and crusaders of Iomedae who have official pledged themselves to enter the Worldwound.

Medjai doesn't find anything else on the crusaders, but he does notice a bovine motif on the glaives and the spikes on the gauntlets are arranged as bulls horns.

[sblock=occ]
Knowledge (religion) or (local) could be used to help identify this motif, and the motif of the amulet.
[/sblock]

Space_Titanium

First Post
[section]Jorgun Revendka, Male Human Inquisitor 1

Jorgun, lost in thought, finally brings himself to attention when the bovine motif is displayed. "Let me have a closer look at that - its seems familiar somehow."
[/section]

[sblock=Actions]Edit: Figured I should try and see the stuff first - Perception: 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25
Knowledge (religion): 1D20+5 = [8]+5 = 13
[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Sheet]Jorgun Revendka
Male Human Inquisitor 1
LN medium humanoid
Init +3 Senses Normal Vision Listen +6 Spot +6
DEFENSE
AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13
hp 10
Fort 4 ,Ref 3 ,Will 4
OFFENSE
Speed 20 ft
Melee Longbow 3 (1d8/x3) or Greatsword 2 (2d6+3/19-20/x2)
Space 5 Reach 5
STATISTICS
STR 14 DEX 16 CON 14 INT 12 WIS 14 CHA 8
Base Atk 0 Grp20
Feats Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Skills Climb +5, Knowledge (nature) +5, Knowledge (planes) +5, Knowledge (religion) +5, Perception +6, Sense Motive +7, Stealth +6, Survival +6, Swim +5, Climb +5, Knowledge (nature) +5
Languages Common, Hallit
Gear Longbow, Greatsword, Arrows (20), Holy Symbol - Silver, Backpack , Bedroll , Pouch - belt (empty), Flint and Steel, Holly, Pot - iron, Mess kit, Torch (2), Rations - trail (per day) (2), Waterskin , Kit - Gear Maintenance, Traveler's outfit , Wooden Flute, Holy Text of Erastil[/sblock]

Last edited:

81Dagon

Explorer
They may look familiar, but Jorgun has no luck recalling where he's seen similar symbols before, nor what their importance might be.

Shayuri

First Post
Shayuri nods at Aravashnial, abashed. "Sorry...it just...I'm still kind of new to this."

She picks up the scroll and looks at it more carefully.

"If I'm reading this right, it would evoke...unreasoning terror on the subject. The terror of the grave, and of the Great Beyond."

Space_Titanium

First Post
[section]Jorgun Revendka, Male Human Inquisitor 1

Jorgun turns away from the bodies to reply to Shayuri. "It seems an odd spell for two holy warriors to use, nor would I expect for it to work on legions of creatures used to the darkest realms in all of reality. However, it may come in use one day. I would advise you to keep it for now."

Turning back to the bodies, Jorgun shakes his head. "Apologies to you all - my memory fails me, though the nature of the symbol may come to me in time. Or perhaps our friend may know..." With that Jorgun turns back to take hold of the wizard, dragging him forward to the bodies. "Do you recognize these symbols, worshipper of all things unsacred?"
[/section]
[sblock=Actions]--
[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Sheet]Jorgun Revendka
Male Human Inquisitor 1
LN medium humanoid
Init +3 Senses Normal Vision Listen +6 Spot +6
DEFENSE
AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13
hp 10
Fort 4 ,Ref 3 ,Will 4
OFFENSE
Speed 20 ft
Melee Longbow 3 (1d8/x3) or Greatsword 2 (2d6+3/19-20/x2)
Space 5 Reach 5
STATISTICS
STR 14 DEX 16 CON 14 INT 12 WIS 14 CHA 8
Base Atk 0 Grp20
Feats Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Skills Climb +5, Knowledge (nature) +5, Knowledge (planes) +5, Knowledge (religion) +5, Perception +6, Sense Motive +7, Stealth +6, Survival +6, Swim +5, Climb +5, Knowledge (nature) +5
Languages Common, Hallit
Gear Longbow, Greatsword, Arrows (20), Holy Symbol - Silver, Backpack , Bedroll , Pouch - belt (empty), Flint and Steel, Holly, Pot - iron, Mess kit, Torch (2), Rations - trail (per day) (2), Waterskin , Kit - Gear Maintenance, Traveler's outfit , Wooden Flute, Holy Text of Erastil[/sblock]

81Dagon

Explorer
"Blah, why should I be telling you anything! You plot against me, the voices tell me so. You'll never have my magic!"

[sblock=occ]
Sorry, unexpectedly busy week. An appropriately worded diplomacy, intimidate or bluff check may loosen the dwarf's tongue. Also, another person can try the knowledge check as well.
[/sblock]

Remove ads