Wreck ashore (El Jefe judging) (Finished)

Zweihänder

First Post
ooc: well... okay. I'll take it if forced.

[EDIT]: To prevent a drawn-out discussion, I added it to my sheet. I still don't believe I deserve it, though.

Last edited:

El Jefe

First Post
Someone said:
I hope El Jefe confirms this, but I understand the LEW policy is that if your character is at the battle you get the XP for it. Roleplaying bonuses are another matter entirely, of course.
Actually, it's up to each DM, subject to Judge approval. The custom has been, as you mentioned, to award XP for encounters for which characters are NPCed, but not RP XP. You might think this gives someone something for nothing, but in practice NPCed characters usually go inactive for a long period of time after the adventure is concluded, often permanently.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Ignian:
"My Lady, your servant requires your aid! Lend me your strength!"

With that, the Cleric grew to twice his size and girth. Hopefully, the strengthening spell will scare the pirates or at least, force them to target Wilhelm while Hulgyr, Eroin and Roddick mops them up.

Wilhelm continues his approach, moving 20 feet closer to the opposition.

Someone

Adventurer
Wilhelm call for his goddess´ help and grows to great, menacing size that starts approaching the pirates. They don´t give up or run this time, apparently decided to die if they have to, and throw themselves with a cry, slashing with the cutlasses. Eroin deftly dodges the brutal but predictable slashes, but after the charge Huglyr is vulnerable, and the pirate´s blade catches him in the leg, opening a long but thankfully not deep wound. Then the woman finishes casting and a sudden wave of dizziness descend on him.

The mighty orc finally falls victim of witchery. The woman smiles wickedly and advances, drawing a falchion which she uses to brutally strike the helpless orc. The sand is soaked in Hulgyr´s dark blood…

[The narration is somewhat confusing, so this is what happened in game terms: Wilhelm casts enlarge person, then it´s the pirate´s turn. One of them provokes an attack or opportunity from Roddick, who fails again rolling a 6; this is the same one who hits Hulgyr. Then the woman finishes casting Sleep, and Hulgyr fails his saving throw: Roddick does not have to roll, since he´s an elf. But it´s still the woman´s turn; she advances without drawing attacks or opportunity since Roddick already spent his with the pirate, drawing a falchion, and attacks the sleeping Hulgyr. Since he´s helpless and prone his AC sucks and has no problem hitting him, scoring a critical to add insult to injury and sending the orc to the depths of negative hit points.

Hulgyr suffers a total of 18 points of damage; I was going to let B4cchus make the saving throw, when I realized that making Sleep a full round casting had minor benefits after all, and rolled myself it for the sake of completing the round. Sorry.]

Attachments

• Lastbattle.zip
    81.4 KB · Views: 116

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Wilhelm continues to close the gap. He moves 20 feet closer and draws his morningstar. He gets into a position to begin a charge into enemy ranks.

Someone

Adventurer
Roddick looks at the downed, agonizing Hulgyr and for a split second feels funny he´s compelled to heal an orc, but anyway realizes they both could be slaughtered while he gives him a healing potion. He steps back and slashes with the glaive at the pirate, catching him in the arm and causing a serious wound. While the pirate is not felled, he steps back, with a look of agony in his eyes. The woman counterattacks, slashing several times with the falchion, but she´s not strong enough to properly handle such a heavy weapon in that fashion and Roddick can knock it aside easily with the pole of his glaive.

Meanwhile, Eroin dodges her pirate´s blade quite easily, grabbing his arm and punching him in the face. The man screams, but even with his nose broken continues fighting.

Behind the battle, the menacing form of Wilhelm advances, grabbing his morningstar.

[Nothing much to explain. B4cchus can make his stabilization roll, so he at least has something to do this round.

It´s your turn again]

Attachments

• Lastbattle.zip
    83.6 KB · Views: 123

Remove ads