Wreck ashore (El Jefe judging) (Finished)

Someone

Adventurer
Wilhelm immense form charges the spellcasting woman, but his morningstar only digs a big hole in the sand. Seeing his comrade already close, and fearing for Hulgyr´s life, Roddick kneels beside him and makes the orc drink one of the healing potions you found earlier. Hulgyr´s wound stop oozing blood, but he continues being unconscious. Meanwhile Eroin launches herself in an all-out attack, only to find herself falling under a lucky blow. And the woman strikes Wilhelm with all her strength: though the cleric´s armor defelcts the blow, he can still feel the pain.

[Not hearing from Zweihänder, I NPC´d his character this round. The pirate was very lucky: he rolled a 20 with the crossbow and another 20 with the last attack. She suffers 6 more points of damage, for a total of 10 (she´s at –2 right now) Hulgyr is at 14 damage, and stabilized. Wilhelm suffers 4 points of damage.

I think the map is no longer needed, since positions changed little from the last round.]

Someone

Adventurer
Roddick cautiously moves behind the woman, trying to find an opening is her defenses, without success. As the remaining pirate tries himself to do the same, he´s luckier and finishes the already wounded pirate. Wilhelm also can´t hit the woman, and his large mace doesn not even come close of her; as she fantically dodges and parries the attacks from both sides, she can´t also find a moment to attack. But when Roddick pummels the pirate leader with his glaive´s pole, briefly stunning her, Wilhelm uses that opportunity to smash her skull.

She falls on top of Hulgyr, spilling brain matter over the sand.

[In game terms:

Roddick moves, flanking the woman, and fails.
Eroin bleeds
Wilhelm fails
Pirate leader fails
Pirate moves, trying to flank Roddick (both of you could make an AoO against him, and Roddick was easier to flank, so he choose the elf) and is killed by the barbarian.

Since the situation was more or less the same as the previous round, (really, it was better) and most of the crew is sleeping, I decided to play two rounds instead of one. This time both Roddick and Wilhelm score hits, killing the woman. Battle ends.]

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Wilhelm, though wounded, wastes no time in healing Eroin. He expends the last 1st level spell in his repertoire, using its energies to heal her.

1d8+1=6

He will then use two of his Orisons to heal Hulgyr, leaving his Detect Magic spell unused.

Someone

Adventurer
Eroin wakes at Wilhelm´s touch, though her wounds are still painful. Hulgyr is still unconscious.

Everything seems quiet otherwise; the gentle breeze and sun makes a sharp constrast with the carnage surrounding you.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Wilhelm casts detect magic on the bodies of their enemies, to see if they have any more of the healing potions. If he finds one or if they still have one on them, he'll use it on the Orc. He asks Roddick to keep a lookout.

Someone

Adventurer
Thanks to his magic Wilhelm finds another potion on the woman, much like the ones you found on Oren and the patrol so you are reasonably sure it´s a healing one (you still have one of the potions you fond on the patrol, btw). You make Hulgyr drink it carefully, and the orc soon opens his eyes [heals 7 HP, so he´s now at 6, IIRC]

Roddick nods and watches. A predator or scavenger could come, attracted by the dead bodies and the smell of blood.

[ooc: You each get 300 XP for this encounter]

B4cchus

Explorer
Hulgyr grunts as he opens his eyes and looks around at the bodies of the enemies Ugh, are they all dead? He slowly scrambles to his feet and inspects his wounds, finding them all closed by the magical healing Bless you Wilhelm, i might not see the rest of this day without your aid. I will show my gratitude to your Lady! He looks at the rest of the company and nods in approval, smiling I see you can manage yourself fine without Hulgyr's sword! You elves prove to be more men of valour then my ancestors choose to believe!

Someone

Adventurer
"With half of you lying on the ground, I feared for our lives" says Roddick, smiling at Hulgyr´s words. "What should we do now? It´s been a great victory, but not all it´s been done yet."

B4cchus

Explorer
Let's check thier camp to make sure there anren't any of them rodents hiding there. And take down thier fake light to protect the ships offcourse

Hulgyr starts checking the bodies of the pirates First let's look if they are carrying anything important

Remove ads