Wrecking characters

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I don’t think weapon and armor choices is what really makes a character. It helps us recognize the character in our mind but it’s just the appearance IMO.

So if you want to play Gandalf what used a maul and wears heavy armor that’s awesome.

Warpiglet

Adventurer
Bolded for truth. I've been playing completely the opposite way of you. I've been randomly selecting race, class and background. And ability score placement, too (with tweaks if necessary) so there is no concept except what the dice determine.
It actually sounds like a fun challenge! I am having a mini con for friends in my basement this summer. It would be wild if we all did that!

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I don’t think weapon and armor choices is what really makes a character. It helps us recognize the character in our mind but it’s just the appearance IMO.

So if you want to play Gandalf what used a maul and wears heavy armor that’s awesome.

I agree with you. It's one of the reasons I like the idea of simple armor/weapon tables and reskinning.

But I do admit that I made an AD&D character just to use the cool mini I bought of a halfling in plate mail.

Remove ads