wtf! Chi is based on Hands !?

le Redoutable

Ich bin El Glouglou :)
Harakiri has no etymological relationship with the concept of qi. As with most of your threads, I'm not sure what you're discussing, and it seems neither do you. Your weird thread about shamanism equating to a lack of education wasn't good either so it certainly doesn't relate to... anything in this thread really.
I fear you have lisleaded my writings:
Ki is not Qi ( so effectually Harakiri has no etymological relationship with the concept of Tchi ) ( lol )

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
ben, I studied Karate that's all !
You might want to go back to your teachers, then, because you’re factually incorrect, based on research into this topic, and the words of every karate sensei and expert I’ve ever known.

Qi and Ki are cognates. Ki is the Japanese word for qi.

And that word refers to breath as the vital force of the person.

le Redoutable

just watch any Karate Video and you will ( obviously ) see Gyasku Tsukis right into abs' with the opponent resisting the blow ( and I was proof too ) using Stoneskin;

note that in the Sankukaï style, yellow belt already gives you Limited Haste ( and I stopped at Yellow Belt so wonder what s.a. are given on the next belts )

to add something useful ( instead of searching for last and final word on the topic ) german language uses W as a V in french and a V like an F in France...

le Redoutable

You might want to go back to your teachers, then, because you’re factually incorrect, based on research into this topic, and the words of every karate sensei and expert I’ve ever known.

Yes, Tchi refers to breath etc

le Redoutable

tiens! a joke:
Ki is for OKinawa students ( or why not external Martial Arts )
while
Tchi for Taï Tchi Tchuan ( or internal Martial Arts )
( bof! )

I am no expert but in a martial arts context, when I did martial arts korean and Japanese schools said Ki, Chinese ones said Qi. I think it fundamentally does mean breath but they are pretty interchangeable was my understanding (at least as they applied to martial arts) and also indicated your internal energy (my first master was from Korea and he would refer to it as your breathing and as your internal energy). I went to a Kung Fu school to train in sanshou and the way he spoke about Qi very much resembled what I learned in Taekwondo and what I learned when I briefly did some Japanese styles. Some schools got more mystical about it, but how mystical they got didn't seem to hinge on whether it was pronounced with a Ka or Cha sound. I'm sure there are also lots of culturally specific things too that make for some distinctions.

Remove ads