wtf! Chi is based on Hands !?

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
... and ...
and I'm up to my eyeballs trying to wrap up deck plans, stats for a Spelljammer 3PP release I'm shooting for the end of the month. I don't have the Chi to do both at the same time, but then I have other work inline already after I complete this project... sorry. As stated in my previous post, not anytime soon...

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Without getting mechanical, just simple contemplation. Chi could work like psionics, but not a character of the mind, but power based in your gut, flowing through your body and extending beyond your body. Everything has Chi - rocks, trees, living creatures, nature, but places of great natural beauty are especially rich fonts of Chi. So using Chi comes from within you, but once you activate it, you can draw Chi from the land around you, manipulate it and from normal enhancements to normal abilities, some 'spell like abilities' could manifest based on your specific specialty within Chi powers. I would think it would be more buff/debuff, with some utility like movement, than actual kinetic attacks. Also self healing and healing others would be a part. It isn't good nor evil, but a neutral force that exists in the natural world and the beings that inhabit it. Monk while the only class Chi is best mastered with. Like wild psionic powers, every class should be able to manifest at least one ability based on the fact that everyone contains Chi... That's where I'd start, I guess. It would be ideally suited for specific settings.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
... like in " The Hands of Chang Shi ( master of Kung Fu ) "
and me assuming Chi ( Energy ) was inherited from Constitution !
well, looks like Chi <===> Dex ( grouf! )

"The Hands of Chang Shi," is referring to how Ki is expressed, as a catchy title for a fiction. It is not talking about the origin of Ki.

first error in the Wiki, Tchi =/= Ki;
Ki is used in Karate, Samuraïs doing Hara-Ki-Ri;

Samurai Harikiri has the "ki" sound, but is not referring to the energy.

in Shintaoism, Tchi is Energy ( look at Meridians )
of course Occident isn't teached the concepts of Chi;

That's not a great generalization. My karate training had a significant Chi element to it, as did several others in the larger conference my school was part of.

le Redoutable

Ich bin El Glouglou :)
euhh, to say Rogues ( that you like to play ) are War Level 1 ( you have limited approach to martial arts, you like to roughen your opponents, you like easy victories , you have great aim etc )
I personally don't like the Rogue pseudo-class; Thieves were , err , another time another place :)

Remove ads