Wulf's Collected Story Hour -- FINAL UPDATE 12/25

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Joshua Randall said:
Bump. Is there a compiled Word document of this somewhere? 'Cause I loathe reading things on the screen.

There are a couple of them floating around, but I don't have one myself.

I think Horatio was working on one at one time...

Wulf

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
I have been pointing some friends to this one to read. If a .pdf is found or some other compiled document, could someone post it here please?

GW

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
The story itself is 278 pages long and about 1 Meg in size. That's too big to post as an attachment (limit is around 240 KB I think).

You can make a quick compiliation yourself by using thread tools -> download thread -> save thread and then block deleting whatever you don't want. You do lose formatting like bold text and italics, though.

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
Cheiromancer said:
The story itself is 278 pages long and about 1 Meg in size. That's too big to post as an attachment (limit is around 240 KB I think).

You can make a quick compiliation yourself by using thread tools -> download thread -> save thread and then block deleting whatever you don't want. You do lose formatting like bold text and italics, though.

My apologies, I did not mean for someone to upload it. I meant to post a link to it.

I'm checking with our Webmaster to see if he minds hosting it as a download.

GW

Last edited:

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Just another bump to bring the late, great Wulf's Story Hour to the first page for a bit, so anyone who hasn't read it can get a chance. It's one of the best story hours that's ever graced this section.

I am curious about one thing, If Wulf happens to look in on this thread again. It's clear that Wulf crafted Karak's holy sword out of Baatorian green steel. When did Karak realize it? How did it go down?

The one downside to Wulf joining PC's game is that he's not writing a story hour anymore

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Lord Pendragon said:
Just another bump to bring the late, great Wulf's Story Hour to the first page for a bit, so anyone who hasn't read it can get a chance. It's one of the best story hours that's ever graced this section.

Thanks. I think so, too. ;)

I am curious about one thing, If Wulf happens to look in on this thread again.

My ego-radar is still laser-tuned to this story hour. I'm pretty much guaranteed to notice a bump...

It's clear that Wulf crafted Karak's holy sword out of Baatorian green steel. When did Karak realize it? How did it go down?

I honestly don't recall. A betting man would get decent odds on Karak, being Karak, not caring all that much. What-- let roleplaying get in the way of wielding a holy sword?

The one downside to Wulf joining PC's game is that he's not writing a story hour anymore

I do my best to add a little bit of that ol' Wulfy goodness to PCs game, just in case it ends up in his story hour. The new character doesn't have Wulf's mean streak or machiavellian tendencies, but he does share the same cynical sense of humor.

Cause, you know, that's just me. I could play a female character more readily and convincingly than I could play any character without my own sense of humor...

Wulf

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
Cheiromancer said:

We've got room to post it for download, if you guys agree.

GW

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Plane Sailing said:
I'm going to have to read this through again. You know, for old times sake :)
You know, I looked this thread up again to quote from it (the bit where Wulf brains the medusa with a sack of pennies) for a discussion in Rules. Then wound up re-reading large portions of it and completely neglecting to get the quote I came for. :p
Wulf Ratbane said:
I honestly don't recall. A betting man would get decent odds on Karak, being Karak, not caring all that much. What-- let roleplaying get in the way of wielding a holy sword?
True. There is so much symbolism in that sword, too, should he actually have kept and enchanted it as a holy blade. Blazing with holy power, but with a core of Baatorian steel. It describes Karak as well as his weapon. A wonderfully insightful gift on Wulf's part.
Wulf Ratbane said:
I do my best to add a little bit of that ol' Wulfy goodness to PCs game, just in case it ends up in his story hour. The new character doesn't have Wulf's mean streak or machiavellian tendencies, but he does share the same cynical sense of humor.

Cause, you know, that's just me. I could play a female character more readily and convincingly than I could play any character without my own sense of humor...
heh.

It's not so much the character I miss, as it is your unique storytelling style, that brought that character so vividly to life. I love PC's story hour because I wish I were playing in the game. I love Sepulchrave's story hour because it engages me intellectually. And I love Sagiro's game because I can imagine the novelisation.

But only your story hour made me feel like I really know the main character. You had characterization down to a science, and I know Wulf better than any other story hour character.

Stone Bear may have your humor at the table and be just as well-characterized, but the fact that we never get into his head and see what makes him tick, that he's not the lens through which we see all the action, means I'll never know him as well as Wulf, nor does your sense of humor shine through as well.

Ah, well. It was great while it lasted, Wulf. Truly great.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases