• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

X-COM (updated M-W-F)

Vanya Mia

First Post
Man do I remember that mission! :D I never actually played XCOM, and the players in the group who had generally respected my desire to stay uninformed, so the whole thing was new to me. LB cut the in game detail over the rooftop surgery, for expediancy with regard to length of post probably (... I do go on somewhat lengthily in game...) but it was rather cool to play through. I am the Queen of Bad Dice Rolls, on top of my PC being constitution wimp, so no way Cat was going to make the fort save against infection. Which, if I remember rightly, our walking tank Vas did on multiple occasions much to LB's chagrin!

Alyssa, well ... it kind of worked regardless of LB's motives. A little dark perhaps, but then the campaign material should mean it's less light hearted except in bursts. It's a present day (ish) setting and so, in my opinion at least, it /should/ be less easy to divorce yourself from actions than DnD. This, amongst other things like the devastation of the major capitol cities, shakes you out of the pure fantasy as a player and gave the campaign added impact. I'm a drama queen in game so I'm never against a little darkness in a campaign, but the way all this was handled gave it serious impact and made it one of the most memorable campaigns I've ever been in.

Last edited:

Smart Alec

First Post
If I remember right, Alyssa was very much crushed by Beta Team's violent end, coming so soon after the Aliens' giant battleship attack. Unlike Alpha Team, Beta were a lot more friendly and at ease with each other (tension between Alyssa and Perez notwithstanding), possibly because they were more civilian than military/government. With Sveinn torn limb from limb and Perez missing an arm and badly afflicted by PTSD, it didn't seem strange.

Looking back in hindsight, had I/Vasily noticed her grim state of mind, it might have been possible to remind her that she was not alone. As it was, this was something that got through the Russian's emotional walls; the horror of the Cryssalids and Alyssa's death made for a bad day. Whereas beforehand he had looked at civilians like Buzz, Alyssa etc as likely not strong or resilient enough for the coming conflict, this was the point when he began to change his perspective - to see the Alien menace as too big for anyone to endure. And, therefore, to start doubting himself.

Richard Rawen

First Post
Really intense stuff LB! The 'new girl' point of view was a great change of perspective, another taste of just how terrifying this would be, military trained or not.
The looming threat of the battleship is actually discomforting.
Great writing!
RR

Lazybones

Adventurer
I think my players effectively summarized the mood at this point of the campaign. X-COM has an up-against-terrible-odds feeling to it, but it's a single-player game, and in role-playing game there are ways to make things more visceral. The attack on the Earth cities was the first part of that, and the devastation wrought upon the Betas (who were NPCs, but who interacted directly with the Alphas at numerous points in the campaign) made the impact more personal and immediate.

Session 23 (September 29, 2008)
Chapter 93

The lights in the room were dim, as everyone in the room focused on the images that Doctor Wagner brought up in succession on the large LCD unit on the wall. There was a general air of revulsion as the video taken during the creature they’d battled during the Miami mission appeared on the screen. Catalina, still looking pale but determined, involuntarily ran a hand over her belly, which was still tender despite the accelerated healing she’d undergone over the last few days. Mary had aided James on the project, and what they had found had only raised more disturbing questions about the aliens.

“This new alien represents a threat that could potentially rival even the alien battleship,” Wagner was saying. “At the moment, we're calling it a ‘chryssalid.’ On the plus side, it looks like the American quarantine of Miami is holding, and no new cases have been reported. Our biological research team has made it a top priority to develop countermeasures for the creature’s implantation attack.”

She shifted the screen to another familiar and equally disturbing image. “We have completed our preliminary study of the psionic alien prisoner, code named ‘Ethereal.’ The creature has an incredibly developed brain, but its abilities for independent thought are somewhat atrophied for a being of its potential intelligence. Still, they look to be leaders of sorts of the aliens, or at least lieutenants for some greater authority within the alien hierarchy.”

The image shifted to a more neutral schematic, a blueprint for a new facility within the X-COM headquarters. “Doctor White has submitted an audacious proposal, in conjunction with Counselor Beauvois and the Biological Sciences research team. Doctor White?”

Stan rose. “We believe that X-COM can use the Ethereal leader and the data we've collected from it to build a Psi-Lab on site that will allow us to train our operatives in psionic warfare. While the immediate benefits would be to improve our mental defenses against the alien psi attacks, the idea is that eventually, X-COM agents might be able to access the latent psi talents that all human beings possess, to some degree.” Seeing the looks around the table, he held up his hands. “I know, I know; believe me, I understand your skepticism. While some of these theories reek more of science fiction than what we understand as real science, we are forced to give them credence by the simple fact of what the aliens have shown us is possible. Constructing the Psi-Lab will require a major effort; a full research team in addition to an estimated 60 engineer-weeks of manufacturing resources.”

“Thank you, Stan,” Garret said, stepping in quickly before anyone else could speak. “I know you have questions, but they’ll have to wait for now. We have a more immediate concern. Kim?”

Doctor Wagner returned to the monitor and brought up the global map. Bright lines sprang into being across it, tracking data and mission information that culminated in a meeting point not far from the South Pole.

“If the information gained from the alien prisoners is accurate,” she told them, “the alien battleship should reenter Earth orbit in eleven hours. Six of those hours will be spent with you boosting at high speed in the Lightning to Antarctica.”

“You will need to hit the base fast, and hit it hard,” Garret said. “The Lightning has been readied to imitate the alien communications.”

Grace looked tired; she and her team had hardly slept over the last two days. “Aliens won’t know anything is wrong, if it works.”

“Stan?” Garret asked.

“The nerve agent is ready,” Stan replied. ”The gas should neutralize their defenses, and their resistance.”

“Who is deploying the nerve gas?” Jane asked.

“Firestorm-1,” Garret said.

Wagner nodded “The ship will hit the enemy base first, and deploy the gas. We’ve used the alien intel to mask its signature, so it will appear to the aliens to be a small scout ship.”

“So the air filters on our helmets will protect us?” Jane asked.

“Air filters wouldn’t help you against this stuff,” Grace said.

“I thought it was non-toxic to humans?” Catalina said.

“In tests, symptoms were… minor,” Stan said. “But it’s moot, as it breaks down in atmosphere in just a few minutes.”

“Taking most of them with it, we hope?” Catalina said.

“Stan, just exactly what will the gas do to those aliens?” Joan Beauvois asked.

“It should leave them helpless, almost like a seizure.”

“For how long?” Hadrian asked.

“If everything works as planned, until they die, sergeant,” Stan replied.

“So we shoot them while they are down?” James asked.

“What is primary objective of the mission?” Jane prompted.

“Destroy battleship,” Vasily said.

Garret nodded. “Capture whatever intel you can find. If there’s a chance, we’ll send in a retrieval team to get whatever Elerium we can, but if not… your instructions are to leave nothing behind that they can use. We have to assume that once we hit the battleship, we’ll provoke a response.”

“Is the plasma base defense operational?” Catalina asked.

“Ah… sort of,” Grace said.

“What does that mean?” Agent Drake shot back. “Either it works, or it doesn’t!”

“Well, it’s been a rushed week,” Grace said. “In all honesty we’ve skipped a lot of the safety protocols to get it online in time for this mission.”

“I have a question,” Mary said, the first words she’d spoken since the start of the briefing.

“Yes, Doctor Ranma?” Garret asked.

“What is the point of a ground assault on an opponent we know can destroy us from above? Will our incursion doom another city to destruction?”

Garret leaned into the table in front of him, resting both hands on its edge. “It might,” he finally acknowledged. “But if we are successful and luring the battleship in, we might be able to stay ahead of them.”

“According to our intel,” Wagner added, “they only have the one battleship. At least for now.”

“The only other option is to wait for them to take us out,” Garret said. “Even the plasma defense likely wouldn’t stop that battleship.”

“So how do we destroy it?” Jane asked. “Even nuclear weapons barely scratched it.”

Grace leaned forward. “The battleship will think that everything is all right, if the Lightning’s new comm array does its job.”

“Right,” Garret said. “You secure the base, let it land, and when they open the door, rush in and take it out. An explosive charge on one of the Elerium storage units should set off a chain reaction that will destroy the ship from within.”

“As simple as that,” Drake said. “Won’t the ship be heavily garrisoned?”

“Any way of gassing the ship too?” Hadrian asked.

“I can’t think of any way to get the stuff inside,” Stan said.

“So you don’t have any grenades or portable cannisters of the gas?” the Marine persisted.

Stan looked a bit embarrassed. “We’ve had some difficulties…ah, keeping the stuff stable,” he admitted. “Most of what’s going on the Firestorm will be the containment and dispersal unit. And the… ah, backup.”

“Backup?” James asked.

“Firestorm-1 will be carrying a fusion bomb as a backup,” Garret said. “If you are unable to penetrate the alien ship, the bomb may be able to cripple it enough to keep it from taking off.”

“Better not to fail,” Drake said.

The Alphas shared a grim look from their side of the table.

“What is stopping base from sending distress call?” Vasily asked. “We got jamming, or something? Or we relying on gas?”

“The Lightning can jam their signal,” Grace explained, “but only for a few minutes. The gas has to work, or the mission is off.”

“Seems like an awful lot of ifs,” Drake interjected, “and things that can go wrong.”

“We have no choice,” Garret said. “We don’t know why that battleship skipped us the first time around, but we can’t count on a second pass. If we don’t take out that ship…” He trailed off for a moment. “I wish we had more to give you, Alpha. This is on your shoulders, now. We will need you to adapt, and do what is necessary.”

Lazybones

Adventurer
Chapter 94

The base bustled with activity; there was still a lot to do, and only a few hours to get everything done before the scheduled launch of the X-COM assault force. Hadrian reported to Grace’s workshop for the final adjustments to the new suit of powered armor, while James packed up the latest set of improved medikits to come out of Stan’s production line. Vasily made a stop at the armory, where he made a quick farewell.

“I going to miss the minigun, Musa,” he said, as the big African packed the weapon and its ammunition magazine into a storage locker.

“Ah, I find good home for it,” he said. “You need more gas grenades?”

“I have plenty,” he said. “Better keep handy for other Alphas, though.” He left Musa to return to the physical sciences workshop, where one of the researchers waved him over.

“Been expecting you,” he said, opening a sealed case that hissed as air poured into the vacuum that had been inside. “Try not to lose it, this is the only specimen of this model that we’ve recovered.”

Vasily reached into the container and took out the heavy plasma cannon. It was big and bulky, and a few pounds heavier than even the autocannon. It would be cumbersome, no doubt, but the powered armor would help with that, and there was no bulky backpack full of bullets to lug around. The weapon used the same Elerium cartridges as the other alien plasma weapons, although the cannon could only manage ten shots before depleting a power cell. Each of those shots, however, would pack a punch.

“Now I am ready,” he said.

The Alphas met up in the staging area and made their way to the hangar, where the Lightning waited for them. With Vasily, Jane, and now Hadrian clad in the powered armor, the floor under their feet literally shook with their coming. The Alphas had upgraded their weapons, with most of the team members swapping out their plasma pistols for the heavier rifles that they’d captured in their last two missions. The supply of power cells with their tiny shielded cores of Elerium-115 had not caught up with the supply of weapons, but they’d shared around what they had, and several of them still carried hand lasers or more conventional firearms as backups. Grenades dangled in strings from the mesh belts strung across their armored bodies, and emergency medical kits hung in easy-to-reach places.

Doctor Sandesh was waiting for them in the hangar bay, a new HWP idling at his side. This one had a new layer of sleek, improved armor plating covering its body, and a new turret with a weapon and sensor array that resembled a crouched insect.

“These things just keep getting scarier,” Vasily observed.

“This is the finest implementation of portable AI wedded to supreme destructive force,” the Egyptian scientist declaimed. “Do take care of it, please!”

“Well, we try bring it back in one piece,” Vasily said. “Focus on me,” he said to the platform, initializing its voice command sequence. The platform obeyed his orders and rolled up into the small cargo hold slung under the Lightning’s belly, sitting their mutely as the outer doors swung shut. With that taken care of, the Russian followed the others up the ramp into the interior of the aircraft.

“All aboard for the Antarctic Express,” Ken said to them, as they quickly stashed their gear and strapped into their seats. The Lightning rumbled as Ken quickly brought the engines up to full power, then they felt the familiar but still unsettling lifting sensation as the aircraft rose quickly up into the air, then tilted back as they blasted away toward their destination, and what they hoped would be the turning point in the war against the alien invaders of Earth.

Lazybones

Adventurer
Chapter 95

“We’re clear, no alien intercepts,” Stan’s voice came to them via the tiny speakers in their helmets. “We’re about to begin our run. The gas bomb reads green on all readouts… wait a minute… no, it’s fine. We’re go, deployment in 25 seconds.”

Vasily frowned as the Lightning jolted slightly under them. They were standing facing the hatch, forming a row, holding onto the straps that dangled down from the brace above. Ken’s voice followed Stan’s on their comms. “We’re heading in after them,” the pilot reported. “I’ll drop you down in front of the base, then I’ll find a nice hidden little spot to park the Lightning. Activating Grace’s array… gods, I hope this works.”

“So do we, Ken, so do we,” James muttered.

There was a pause. The Alphas checked their weapons and waited. Finally, after what seemed like minutes, Stan said, “The bomb’s away, direct hit, we’re clear… you’re good to go, Alpha!”

“Right, here we go!” Ken yelled, loud enough for them to hear him even without the communicators. The Lightning arced downward, and they streaked toward their destination. They tightened their grips on the straps as the floor under them suddenly pressed hard upward, and the front of the craft rose up before the entire vessel settled down with a crunch. “We’re down!” Ken reported, but the Alphas were already disembarking, moving out into a field of pure white as far as they could see in every direction. They could just make out the shadowy outlines of ridges and other terrain features, but it was all lost in the blinding haze of snow that filled the air and blew around them in a blistering wind that lashed at them like a whip.

The Lightning was already rising back into the air, leaving the HWP lying in the snow where it had rolled out of the aircraft’s cargo compartment. It hummed as its systems activated, and it lurched into motion, its tracks digging parallel tracks in the snow.

“Where base?” Vasily asked. “Can see nothing.” He tapped his helmet, but the storm, or some other source of interference, was apparently wreaking havoc on their sensors, as the VDUs failed to add any clarity to the scene, the bright green lines of the heads up display skewing and shifting as the suits tried to compensate.

James apparently knew something they didn’t; the doctor was moving across the snowfield toward a vague dark line that might have been anything. “Come on, move it!” he urged. They started after him, but the HWP suddenly swiveled its turret and chirped a warning.

A bright flash erupted ahead of them, and a stream of plasma flared as it caught James on the shoulder. The doctor staggered back and dove to the ground a moment before a second blast streaked over him, vanishing into the storm. The source of the attack became clear a moment later, as the attackers drew closer.

“Discs!” Catalina yelled, but they could all see them now, three of them, hovering a bit unevenly in the harsh winds, firing plasma bolts that streaked through their ranks. The Alphas returned fire, laying down covering fire as Mary rushed over to James, who rose to one knee and shot a blast from his own rifle that streaked past its target and exploded against the ridge behind.

The HWP powered up its cannon and fired a bright streak of plasma energy that shot narrowly past Catalina before impacting the lead disc in a bright explosion that was augmented a moment later as the alien machine detonated. “Careful!” Vasily yelled, as he fired a bolt from his plasma cannon at another cyberdisc. “Not stand in way of tank!”

Catalina nodded and darted to the side, a fortuitous move as a plasma bolt geysered into the ground where she’d been standing. The two remaining cyberdiscs continued to close, firing as they came, but they quickly succumbed to the sheer volume of firepower that Alpha put out. The only additional casualty was the HWP, which had suffered a glancing hit that seemed to have been mostly absorbed by its layered armor. James was not seriously hurt, so after a quick check to make sure there were no more of the discs lurking about, they made their way forward to the entry that the doctor had spotted earlier.

The dark line in the storm resolved into another ridge, a mass of ice and rock that rose up out of the ground ahead of them, a good ten meters high. As they drew closer they could all see the gaping opening ahead of them, a tunnel that vanished into darkness below.

“Should we send the robot first?” Mary asked, staring into the tunnel.

“Is not exactly too smart if no one around,” Vasily said.

“Yeah, it’s semi-autonomous, not autonomous,” Jane said, as she replaced the depleted plasma cell in her rifle with a fresh one.

“Looks like the bomb worked,” Catalina said. “No welcoming committee, save for the discs.”

“Forgot about them,” Vasily said. “Come on.” He led them forward, into the shaft. The chaos of the storm receded behind them, replaced by a quiet, seeping cold that they could feel even through the insulation in their armor. White plumes rose from the exhaust ports in their air filtration units. They switched on their lamps, but as they descended they could see light ahead. After about fifty meters the shaft deposited them in a broad natural cavern, one lit with vaguely phosphorescent patches along the walls, glistening on the ice with a pale radiance that brightened the way ahead.

“There,” Jane said, spotting the first body.

The snakeman lay in a frozen heap, covered in a slick of ice and green goop. It was covered in wounds, its segmented body covered in deep gashes. Another alien lay a few meters further in, this one a sectoid that lay slumped against a boulder, looking like it had just laid down and decided to go to sleep.

“Looks like an exit back there,” Catalina said, shining her light attached to her motion detector toward the back of the cavern. It glinted on something, just as the screen on the detector flashed; movement.

“Hostiles spotted!” Hadrian said, falling into a crouch, cursing as the mechanism on his rifle jammed.

Jane and Vasily came forward, adding the glow of their helmet lights to Catalina’s handheld. The light revealed more enemies lurking near the back of the cavern, at least a dozen sectoids. As the diminutive aliens shuffled forward, they could see that the aliens were in bad shape; dark fluid was frozen to their heads where it had oozed from their eyes, ears, and nostrils, and they moved with frozen, jerky movements. They carried a variety of weapons, vibroblades, mostly, although several held what looked like metal tools, and one even carried a hunk of rock that was slick with frozen green blood. That one had a plasma pistol fixed to its belt, but the creature made no move for the weapon, instead lifting the bloody rock as it caught sight of the human intruders.

As one the aliens screamed, and charged forward at the surprised Alphas.

Lazybones

Adventurer
Chapter 96

Plasma bolts slammed into the aliens, exploding bodies and searing frozen flesh with hot plumes of flaring gas. The barrage was inexorable, but somehow the alien charge survived it, and more than half of the aliens surged through, even though several bore wounds that should have killed or crippled them. Mary screamed as a sectoid lashed at her, steam rising from its vibroblade as it glanced hard off of the armored plate protecting her chest. The Indian doctor was caught apart from the others as the sheer violence of the alien rush drove the Alphas back.

Hadrian tossed his jammed rifle aside and unlimbered his plasma pistol, but before he could shoot one of the aliens sprang at him, stabbing with its vibroblade. The Marine dodged back, the alien in pursuit, until the cavern wall loomed up behind him. He shifted to the side, slamming the alien hard in the juncture where its head met its neck. The alien staggered forward into the wall, the vibroblade carving a deep arc in the ice. The blow had to have broken its neck, but somehow it managed to turn and come at Hadrian again before he could recover and fire. It lunged, but even as the blade carved into his heavy armor a blast of plasma energy slammed into the alien’s arm, separating it at the elbow. The arm and blade went flying, but the alien kept on attack, slamming ineffectively at the Marine’s body with its other hand. Hadrian kicked it in the chest, knocking it over onto its back, and finished it for good with a blast to the heart. He looked at Catalina, who’d shot away its weapon, and nodded thanks.

The HWP vaporized a charging sectoid, but was then overrun by two of the aliens, smashing at its turret with their weapons. The one with the rock wasn’t accomplishing much, but its cohort had a vibroblade, which it used to shear away the armor plate protecting the turret, savaging the machine’s innards. Vasily blasted the alien off it, the heavy cannon exploding the alien’s skull like a melon. The other alien shrieked and flung itself at the Russian.

“Mary, get out of there!” Jane yelled. She tried to get to the doctor, but was cut off by another sectoid, armed with a heavy spanner made out of alien metal. The weapon clunked against her powered armor, doing no damage, but it blocked her path, another blow to her knee knocking off her balance as she tried to bully her way past it. Still she focused on Mary, firing her plasma rifle into the alien, eyes widening as it shrugged off a hit that had punched a fist-sized blackened hole in the side of its torso. It hit Mary again, slicing through her armor as it jammed its weapon into her body with violent, vicious thrusts. The doctor stumbled and fell down. The alien sprang on top of her, looking almost comical at a fraction of her size, save for the fact that it seemed to be unstoppable as it lifted its blade for another strike.

Jane yelled out something as she swept forward, her own vibroblade glowing brightly in her hand. The alien turned to face her, but she dodged its clumsy swing and sliced down, the insanely keen edge slicing neatly through the sectoid’s skull. Half its head fell away, its brains spattering both women as the alien finally went down, its weapon clattering uselessly to the ground, where the heat of it caused the ice there to hiss and steam.

The last few aliens were down, some still struggling as James and Catalina fired a last few shots to make certain. The entire exchange had taken just a few seconds, but the Alphas felt like they’d been through a long battle. Mary gasped for breath as Jane helped her to a sitting position. She was bleeding from multiple gashes where the alien attacks had penetrated her armor, but she was able to administer a medikit to herself with the other woman’s help.

“Looks like the gas didn’t exactly work as advertised,” Catalina said, giving the nearest body a decent berth as she moved to check the others. Several of the sectoid corpses continued to twitch, and most had been blasted to pieces.

“Tank totalled,” Vasily reported, poking at the wreckage.

“I’m almost out of ammo,” James said.

“That one over here had pistol,” the Russian said, with a gesture. James recovered the weapon and extracted the power cell, frowning at the charge indicator. “You okay?” he said to Mary, who was standing again, if a bit unsteadily. She grimaced, wiping blood from her armored gloves, but nodded.

“Keep moving?” Catalina asked, pointing at the exit at the back of the room.

Vasily nodded, and they moved out, the British agent taking the lead, taking them deeper into the complex. The next room also looked natural, and the next, large caverns of stone and ice illuminated by the same odd glowing patches along the walls. The rooms were empty, put to no use by the aliens that they could see, although there was enough space to accommodate a hundred aliens, had they wanted to.

Finally, Catalina led them to another tunnel that was entirely worked stone, although still slick with a faint sheen of condensed ice. “I think it’s getting a little warmer,” she said, running a hand along the nearest wall. It was smooth, as though it had been bored cleanly through the rock.

“Careful,” Vasily said. “We not know if gas get this far in, or what it do to aliens if it did.”

The tunnel opened onto a larger chamber. While the passage had been a smooth bore, this place was a chaotic mess of angles and odd formations, some of which appeared to be natural parts of the surrounding stone, while others were distinct in color and texture, as though they’d been formed elsewhere and somehow transported to this subterranean vault deep under the Antarctic surface. Most of the surfaces glistened with moisture, and while there were a few crystals of ice visible, the air was noticeably warmer here, wisps of steam rising from their armored bodies as they entered the place.

“Catalina?” Vasily asked.

“Something’s moving in here,” Catalina said. “I’m not able to lock down the signal, though.”

“Careful, careful,” he said, easing forward warily. The others followed, their boots squelching on matter that was perhaps best not identified.

The cavern went back quite a ways. There were crevices in the rock that might have been exits, but when they shone their lights into them, none of them proved to penetrate back further than a few meters. Up ahead they could see a raised stone shelf, a platform that rose above the surrounding level of the chamber.

“What the hell is that?” Jane said.

They could all see it, a pink globule of alien matter that seemed to hover in the air above the platform, glistening in the light of their lamps. It bulged slightly and seemed to quiver as they approached, as if alive.

“Whatever it is, I don’t like the looks of it,” Catalina said.

“Shoot it?” James suggested.

“How do we know it’s hostile?” Mary asked.

“Watch out!” Jane warned, as the thing pulsed violently, caught in a spasm that passed from its base to the top, where a gap opened, and it discharged a gout of fluid across the room toward the Alphas. Most of it spattered directly on Vasily, who stumbled back, the alien matter sizzling as it bored into his helmet, shoulder, and breastplate.

“Aaa!” the Russian exclaimed, as an ugly cloud of yellow smoke enveloped him.

Weapons discharged as the Alphas opened fire; both Hadrian and Catalina struck the alien organism, which emitted geysers of the noxious substance as the bolts punctured its body. Mary and James tried to help Vasily, who was trying unsuccessfully to wipe the caustic alien substance from his armor, and was only managing to damage his gloves in the process.

With all of them distracted, no one spotted the dark shadow moving through the rock formations until it was almost on top of them.

“Look out!” Catalina yelled, too late. Hadrian turned just as the chryssalid broke through a lattice of purple stone and sprang into their midst. It slapped the plasma rifle out of his hands, and slashed into him with its claws, flinging the hapless soldier halfway across the room.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads