X-Men Legends

Jeremy

Explorer
A secondary mutation is a second power they give to someone to make them interesting.

For instance, Emma Frost, the one time White Queen of the Hellfire Club who never bothered to get a code name seperate from this, has telepathic abilities but no telekinesis to let her play with Betsy and Jean. So instead they said, "Now she can assume a diamond hard body form." Which even made it into the game. :)

Angel's got one where in his blood heals people now.

But some established characters like I named above, aparently haven't gotten secondary mutations for some reason. Beast's transformation from blue furred person to lion I don't recall if that is secondary mutation or just further side effects from his early attempts to reverse his mutation.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Jeremy said:
A secondary mutation is a second power they give to someone to make them interesting.

Well it's just a way for the writer to revision someone.... and no mutant is except from that. ;)

Out of your original list of Cyke, Storm, Rogue, and Wolvie the only one that I can't remember having a revision is Cyclops. :)

stevelabny

Explorer
So my penniless self kept talking about the game and then showed the 30 minute "special" commercial on techtv to my friend until I convinced him to buy it. It worked.

So far we've played 3 player multiplayer up through part of the sentinel flashback, but we're having fun. My gf plays Wolverine so she can just kill everything mindlessly, i've been playing Iceman and now switched to 'Crawler and my friend has been playing Storm/Jean Grey. He's having problems differentiating everyone on screen because he's color blind...

AND BECAUSE THEYRE ALL WEARING THE SAME OUTFIT!
(even my gf is having problems and she isnt color blind)

gah. I dont know how many of the levels have them in their "ultimate" outfits, but someone shoot the game designers.
The sentinel flashback sequence is sooo much easier, cyclops is blue w/yellow, wolverine is yellow w/bue , crawler is red w/blue and phoenix is green w/yellow.
Everyone stands out (even to the colorblind guy)

Of course, I sat there with Crawler saying "Gee, I can teleport, gonna be a whole lotta use against giant fricking robots" And the first time I got caught in one of the palm-blasts...DEAD. yikes.

It took us two tries to beat Pyro, and a few tries to get through the rooms behind Pyro (we didnt have any health power-ups) but I feel that with the problems the other two are having differentiating the characters on screen it might get too hard in a hurry.

The rulebook implies that at some point we'll be able to carry more than 10 health and energy restores, but WHEN?

I'm also a bit worried that the characters aren't balanced enough. Luckily, I'm playing with people who don't all want to go for Wolverine cuz he's cool and heals.

My gf walked around the mansion with Magma the first time, and then the only available characters for the HAARP mission were Scott, Jean, Logan, Ororo, Bobby and Rogue. The walkthrough says I'm supposed to have Beast too.. what gives? Do they only open up if you find them and talk to them in the mansion?

fba827

Adventurer
stevelabny said:
AND BECAUSE THEYRE ALL WEARING THE SAME OUTFIT!
(even my gf is having problems and she isnt color blind)
<snip>

Well, once you defeat the game once, more costume options are opened for _some_ of the characters (like wolverine's yellow and black, cyclop's blue, etc.). Alternatively, there is a code you can enter at the main menu that will unlock the costumes for you. Then, you can change them as if you had defeated the game. Check online somewhere... I don't know the codes but it's something like left right down up or whatever...

stevelabny said:
Of course, I sat there with Crawler saying "Gee, I can teleport, gonna be a whole lotta use against giant fricking robots" And the first time I got caught in one of the palm-blasts...DEAD. yikes.

One really cool ability for Nightcrawler is the Leap of faith ability. But it doesn't activate if he's being used as a PC (only if an NPC). Basically, it's an increasing percentage if someone near him is about to die, he teleports the two of them some number of feat away. It's fun to watch... but maybe I'm easily amused :)

stevelabny said:
The rulebook implies that at some point we'll be able to carry more than 10 health and energy restores, but WHEN?

I don't recall... but at some point it increases to 15 max and then I think to 20 max... I didn't notice when it happened when I played through (I just happened to glance up and go "gee, I have more than 10" ... regardless, it's well into at least half of the game if not more.
but I want to say in the Astral level... but i really can't recall exactly since i didn't notice at first

stevelabny said:
My gf walked around the mansion with Magma the first time, and then the only available characters for the HAARP mission were Scott, Jean, Logan, Ororo, Bobby and Rogue. The walkthrough says I'm supposed to have Beast too.. what gives? Do they only open up if you find them and talk to them in the mansion?

Yeah, if you don't talk to beast at the begginig, he is not an option for the mission. Highlight to see where he can be found ... (didn't want to ruin it if someone else likes to find things on their own)
He's in the subbasement level, in the lab. (Jean and Beast on the subbasement level; Storm on the Dorm level; rogue and iceman on the ground floor)

Last edited:

Shard O'Glase

First Post
Current issue of xmen so spoliler things below for readers about secondary mutations example.

Case anyone cares gambit may have just gained a secondary mutation in this weeks Xmen. A few issues ago he went blind when a card he was charging detonated in his face and burned his eyes. This issue he deciced to take his bandages off when no one was looking and he happened to be charging a card which he was looking at, he saw an image of the group that was about to attack x-manor in the card. So the blind guy just got some prophecy abilities how novel. Whether its based on his card charging abilities or his ambiguous mental abilities we don't know yet.

By the way if he throws a card literally into sabretooths mouth I expect a more dramatic result than an uncomfortable expression and the inability to talk for a bit. He should of blown his head clear off which would of likely regrown in a bit.

Jeremy

Explorer
Danger Disks available at Healer's shop, number of Xtreme disks allowed, and number of potions are all based on the highest level in your party. By max level 45, you'll have 30 potions of each and rarely need to use any. :)

Remove ads