• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

X5: To the Temple of Death - IC

Rhun

First Post
"The dagger indicates that we should go after the ship," says Aram. He focuses on the carpet, and on catching the fleeing airship.

kinem

Adventurer
As the carpet approaches it, the airship begins to descend. It is a fairly small ship. You can see that it is an otherwise typical small sailing ship, with the sail unfurled.

The ship is manned by a skeleton crew - literally. Animated skeletons begin trimming the sail.

There are also two figures in plate mail armor on the ship, awaiting your approach as it touches down in a large clearing. The bottom of the ship is flat enough that it looks stable.

Rhun

First Post
"Prepare yourselves," calls Aram to his companions as he aims the carpet at the ship. "We are going in!" The dervish draws his blades, ready to leap from the carpet and engage the foe.

kinem

Adventurer
As you approach the airship, Father Fuller casts a spell to fortify the party.

"How do you want to play this?" he asks the others. "Lead off with ranged attacks? Get up close first? Try to talk to them? I have fire spells today, perhaps burning the ship is an option."

(ooc: +1 morale bonus to AC and saves)

ooc: Any other buffing?

Dragonwriter

First Post
"Talking to them would be pointless, I believe. What about we fly close enough for you three to jump to the deck, then I take the carpet out a bit farther and pepper them with some ranged castings and similar things and let Eissun help you out. I wouldn't go too far away, as most of my magic doesn't reach very far, but far enough that they wouldn't be able to stab me. Always a danger for a weak little caster like me," Jex prattles on with a weak smile. He makes a couple of gestures (his shadow making different ones) and his face falls into a slight shadow.

[sblock=OOC]
Jex casts Caul of Shadow on himself.

Jex AC 21 (18 normally), HP 66/66; Caul of Shadow has 80 rounds remaining; (FF's spell unknown)
Fundamentals (usable 3 each): Caul of Shadow (used 1), Black Candle, Arrow of Dusk (x2)
Lvl 1 Apprentice Mysteries (2 per day each): Life Fades, Carpet of Shadow
Lvl 2 Apprentice Mysteries (2 per day each): Flesh Fails, Black Fire
Lvl 3 Apprentice Mysteries (2 per day each: Umbral Touch, Clinging Darkness
Lvl 4 Initiate Mysteries (1 per day each): Shadow Evocation, Warp Spell
Lvl 5 Initiate Mysteries (1 per day each): Echo Spell
Reach Mystery: used 0/2; Extend Mystery used 0/3

Eissun AC 12, HP 82/82; Incorporeal
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Girgal, AC 23 (T15, FF20), HP 72/72, F +12,R+8,W+15

Girgal casts some spells to increase his fighting capabilities.

[sblock=ooc]

active:
barkskin
greater magic fang (all NW +1)
just before arriving: Air walk

----

Spot +18, Listen +19

Spells:
0 (6) - cure minor wounds x2, light x2, detect magic x2
1 (4) – (jump), produce flame 2, vigor (lesser) x2 - faery fire,
2 (4) - (spiderclimb), barkskin x2, animalistic power, blinding spittle – snake swiftness, mass
3 (3) – (protection from energy), Blindsight, Call Lightning – greater magic fang
4 (2) – (freedom of movement), Air Walk, SNA 4 x2 - Enhance wildshape
5 (2) - (SNA 5), Greater stone shape, Panacea - Animal Growth

[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
As the carpet approaches the airship, you see that one of the men there wears strange, black plate armor - just as the statue of the Master outside the cell where Father Fuller was held had. He bears a shield and a flail.

The other man wears ordinary-looking plate armor, and carries a flail and a composite longbow. Currently, it's the bow that he's aiming.

Around them, about a dozen skeletons continue with their sailing work, oblivious to anything else.

Father Fuller casts a couple of long-range spells at the men there. He shakes his head.

"Hold on. They're armored men but they may be priests - that guy in black could be the Master! They haven't cast attack spells yet but that could be because they don't want us to fly away hit and run style.

They're resisting my silence spells. I have one left. Aram, if you intend to engage them in hand to hand combat, I propose to cast it on you. Your call. It affects a twenty foot radius and lasts a little less than ten minutes - unless dismissed or dispelled, of course."

Rhun

First Post
Aram nods. "An excellent plan." Noting that one of the men may indeed be the Master, Aram sheaths his second scimitar and instead draws the crystal dagger from his belt. "Just make sure you cover my back, since I'll be unable to hear anything."

Remove ads