• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

YB 2.1 - any questions?

Vanor

First Post
Umm I think you got that right, Diamond.

You entered my dojo, and graduated from it, making the dojo style I tought you, your sig style.

When you reach brown belt, and graduate from Darkwolf's dojo, Tiger the style your learning from him becomes a sig style for you as well.

As a green belt, any fights you have, and any fights your students have, count towards your dojo record.

Any fights you have, and any fights your students have, count towards Darkwolf's record, as he is your teacher.

But as you graduated from my dojo, you are part of both my and Darkwolf's dojo. If I make it to brown belt, before you do, then at that point, any fights you or your students have, count towards both Darkwolf's and My dojo record.

But when ever you are the same rank as your former teacher, your fights and your students fights don't count towards his dojo record.

That help?

Last edited:

Lady Diamond

First Post
Well it's a little confusing for me because I share a "combined" dojo with Vanor (same physical location). I thought we were supposed to keep seperate records when I attained the green though, and technically opened my own dojo to train student with the sig styles I have.

Lady Diamond

First Post
Heh, it helps a bit, and it puzzles me a bit. Since it's technically my responsibility as a green to train the yellows in my sig styles, why should the yellow's record count towards the brown's, who isn't teaching his styles to my students. Ack! :)

Vanor

First Post
You do keep a sperate record. Us sharing a dojo is just IC. As it stands right now, any fights you or your students have, do not count towards my dojo record. But they do count towards Darkwolf's dojo record.

If I make it to brown belt before you, then from that point any fights you or your students have would count towards both of our dojo's. Until you reach brown belt (assuming that neither of us makes black belt before you reach brown)

As a rule of thumb... Fights only count towards a dojo record, when the student is a lower tier then his/her master/teacher.

My question... that started this all off, was what would happen when I reach brown belt (assuming that you and Dra didn't beat me there). Anyone who graduates from a dojo, is permiently attached to that dojo.

Vanor

First Post
Lady Diamond said:
Heh, it helps a bit, and it puzzles me a bit. Since it's technically my responsibility as a green to train the yellows in my sig styles, why should the yellow's record count towards the brown's, who isn't teaching his styles to my students. Ack! :)

Good point. Perhaps I'm wrong, maybe your students don't count towards Darkwolf's record. But I believe they do. Why? Well it does sorta fit the whole kung-fu thing... The students of a dojo effect the rep of that dojo, and the students of your student are considered part of your school.

Are you free to pop into the chat room? if so perhaps I can explane it better there.

reiella

Explorer
So if DraDra managed to get Perfect Master, and Vanor got Grand Master, Vanor would have the option of using Dojo Mastery to
swipe one of DraDra's styles?

Vanor

First Post
I dunno if swipe is the right word, but yes. If I'm in a higher tier then you, then I could use dojo mastery on any of your styles, as well as any of the students under you.

reiella

Explorer
So, then you're only part of someone's dojo structure while they are higher tiered than you? But even still you are a student under them, yet not part of their dojo structure if you are same or higher tiered.

graydoom

First Post
One thing I don't think we have clarified -- I don't think the fights of a student of a student affect the dojo record of the master.

I don't think the fights of a yellow belt who is the student of a green belt who is the student of Darkwolf affect Darkwolf's dojo record. To affect someone's dojo record, I believe that you a: must be of a lower tier, and b: must have learned a dojo style from them.

[edit]
Oh, and this covers the generality of being an active "student" of a teacher too. I believe you are officially a "student" of a fighter when you a: are of lower tier than that fighter, and b: have learned a dojo style from that fighter.

[further edit]
Rei pointed out to me that the rules seem to say that you should count the records of students of sub-gangs or dojos. Oh well. IMO, that's too complicated, but I don't run a dojo, so heh :D. I just feel that the guideline above would be a simpler way to do it.

Last edited:

Remove ads