• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

YB 2.1 - any questions?

Wicht

Hero
the simple answer is they are a part of your dojo structure but they can also be in another persons dojo structure if the other allows it. in other words, you can belong to more than 1 teacher.

Vanor

First Post
that seems the most fair... Heh I'd hate to make people wait til I get to brown belt, before they can get a dojo style ;)

So both Darkwolf and I would count their wins/losses in our dojo record? Once I get brown belt anyway.

MidKnight

First Post
Double check it on the current site please - I made some color changes in order to make it easier to read. And I have changed title on the Gen page itself and removed the Bastard stuff...

reiella

Explorer
Hmm, so even when you advance past or equal to one of your teachers, you're still part of their dojo structure? So, let's say just for example, if Hanoi Xan got up to Oyuban before Meowth (Theoritical :p), he'd still be part of Team Rocket's gang structure?

reiella

Explorer
When the yakuza achieves the next rank themselves, i.e. goes from thug to gang boss, they gain the signature location permanently and may therefore teach it to another.

Typo spotted. Change rank to Tier. :).

Vanor

First Post
reiella said:
Hmm, so even when you advance past or equal to one of your teachers, you're still part of their dojo structure? So, let's say just for example, if Hanoi Xan got up to Oyuban before Meowth (Theoritical :p), he'd still be part of Team Rocket's gang structure?

You would have to be in a higher tier then your student. But when ever you are in a higher tier, the fights they have at that point count towards your record.

Hanoi Xan will always be a part of Team Rocket... but for as long as he is the same or higher tier then you, his fights don't count towards your record.

Lady Diamond

First Post
Ermm.. am I confused? Since I'm a green belt I have my own dojo, and my fights count in my dojo record and also Darkwolf's record who's taken me on as a student. I "graduated" from the school I entered as a yellow when I attained green and took the dojo style as a sig style. Right? or is it time to play with my brain again. ;)

Last edited:

reiella

Explorer
That's actually how I thought it was Diamond.

Seems that until DraDra and you get Brown though, our fights also count for Vanor's dojo record.

Course now I'm more than slightly confused myself :).

And it also appears that the dojo record statement needs to be clarified to explicitly state that there is an independant record that is tracked for the dojo. (When I read the current statement, I keep thinking that a dojo is dishonored when its teacher has a dishonored record and all their students have a dishonored reocrd)

Remove ads