• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

YB 2.1 - any questions?

Also: Left-Handed Hummingbird counted 52 modifiers in the chatroom, so I counted them, it seems under Mastery of Movement there are 12 instead of 10 modifiers. The answer: there is no moving adjetive and falling is listed twice.

I also have a suggestion:

How about make poison blade so that if you generate and use an attack that your opponent is immune to, you can add poison blade ontop of it, the opponent is immune to the styles damage of course but if the fighter who gen'd that style wins, he does 1 point from poison blade. This would bring poison blade on sub-par with fist of fury I think, however you may not want it that way.

Last edited:

reiella

Explorer
Only thing I really see with that is it turns Style Immunity more so to be the same as Location Defense... Not only adding damage against a defense one, but also requiring that the style immunity no longer be instant default...

Not that I'm really against that, I do want to give the current inequality between Styles and Locations some more field time.

Although I do see the point of because of style immunities, Mastery being given an edge of Poison Blade (although, PB stacks alot better).

reiella

Explorer
Quick clarification question batch.

1) if your opponent pulls a move with a style to which you are immune and a location with which you have defense in a FoF move, the immunity negates the FoF extra attack, would it also 'trump' the location defense, or would it lower the damage of the original move by another point?

for example

If Gray used

The tiger removes the castle; tracks near the roar of the honor!
Fist of Fury:The invisible manta ray drops before the delta; wards off the drive of the willow!

and suppose his original move won.
Would he net 1 point (Fist of Fury move completely negated by style-immunity) or 0 points (Fist of Fury portion is immune, and the location defense of 'delta' removes one from the total damage).

Hmm not sure if that makes sense or not :x

2) Mark is considered off-path for everyone when purchasing items, correct (so it'd be 15 yen to buy as the first power in an item).

3) Crowd Pleaser is per move (by the rules), so it is possible for a sash who purchased Fist of Fury to have a 'round' that has double Crowd Pleaser effects, correct? (I assume this is true, just making sure :).

Wicht

Hero
1. The logical thing I think would be to have the immunity trump the location defense.

2. That sounds right

3. Only one crowd pleaser per generated move which makes two possible in a round using fist of fury.

reiella

Explorer
TURTLE POWER!

Err. that sounds stupid...

GAMERA POWER!

Much better :).

[ Aye what we thought, we being Sollir, Gray, and myself :) when it came up in the chatroom hehe ]

Last edited:

Vanor

First Post
Since this has come up now...

When a student graduates from a dojo, they are always linked to that dojo. Or at least I seem to remember reading that. It doesn't count for much, as long as the dojo master is the same rank as the person who graduated. But once the master rases above his/her student, then they add the former student, and all his/her students to his/her dojo record. Right?

What happens if the student joins a different dojo after graduating?

For example, Dratini graduated from my dojo, and now is trying to join Darkwolfs dojo. My understanding was that Dratini would always be part of my dojo, and when I get to brown belt, I'd count his record and any of his students records for my dojo record... But in this case so would Darkwolf, if he accepts.

Heh apprently Lady Diamond joined Darkwolf's dojo as well.

Am I just remembering things that didn't happen, and even if I did really read that, is this a problem? Or is it if someone joins a new dojo, like Lady Diamond and Dratini did, are they no longer part of my dojo orginzation?

Last edited:

Remove ads