• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

YB 2.1 - any questions?

reiella

Explorer
Actually I believe the problem to be more so real items as to why people don't want to fight sashes.

They don't want to lose their money, and they fear bribe judges in that respect... (At least that's what I'm getting from some of the comments)

Not so sure how well other people's records have been though.

I kind of enjoy beating up on Gray at least, how I bought most of my stuff.

Vanor

First Post
I've fought 3 sash fighters, and I didn't find them that hard. Bribe the judges can be a pain, but not much more so then a dirty trick.

Sure you stand a chance of losing your yen, but you also stand a chance of winning even more.

Sabaron

First Post
"Light fighters can only advance in tiers if they defeat a dark fighter or Yakuza warrior immediately prior to advancing into the next tier.

Dark fighters can only advance in tiers if they defeat a light or honor warrior immediately before advancing the tier."

Why did these change? What was wrong with the way they were before?

reiella

Explorer
Actually iirc, it's always been this way.

Part of the balance for them getting a bonus rank from beating a dark/light warrior as appropiate.

Wicht

Hero
The change was just a clarification of the original intent. Your confusion demonstrates the need for the better wording. :)

graydoom

First Post
BTW Wicht, are two flag speed matches still allowed? IMO, they should be... just include a sentence about the extreme risk of playing one against high-ranked fighters.

[Heh, should've asked this question a bit earlier, as both Kalanyr and I though that they were legal and are currently playing one now.]

Wicht

Hero
two flag speed matches were considered bad by most who responded concerning and so they were upped to three. However, the old rule of thumb about whatever the fighters agree to, barring extra ranks etc., still holds.

reiella

Explorer
Hmm new question batch.

Can I expunge gang members? (Notably, like say Cromwell who just challenged me :p)

Also, is bribe judges effective on RL rounds?

Also, am I right in assuming that if a yakuza challenges a higher tiered yakuza, they only lose one rank if htey lose, while the higher tier loses two if they lose?

Another also, for intra-gang structure fights, there is no net change in the record (ie, one win and one lose is recorded) correct?

Last edited:

Wicht

Hero
yeah - you can kick out gang members but he gets to keep his location (though you can refuse to teach him another later on) and later you will not be able to claim his territories if you get the ability to do so ;)

Is bribe judges effective on Real Life rounds? or what does RL stand for? Maybe I am being dense but I can't figure it out :p

and all is as you pointed out for the gang challenge. One win One loss and if the higher tier wins only one move in rank.

Remove ads