• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

YB 2.1 - any questions?

Kalanyr

Explorer
Wicht

RL is Redeeming Light

And another question if I redeem a Sash can I choose the location they had through Arena Fighter for the Domain? If not Dark's get another free edge since there is yet more people for them to Mind Thief off than I can Right of Domain.

Also when someone is Redeemed to a tier higher than 2 how are the missing sig/dojo styles worked out?

Last edited:

Wicht

Hero
Redeeming Light - doh - its too early in the morning to be thinking that hard :p

I was trying to figure out a villains power since the question came from meowth :)

I had not acutally considered that before on the one hand bribe judges affects everything else, but on the other, as bribe judges happens after the round is over, that would mean the sash is no longer a sash...

Wicht

Hero
Skipped a question... I would have to say that if a sash was redeemed you could not get the area they had from arena fighter (as its more of an ability than a signature location). But the dark fighters get slim pickings from the sash as well which just gives more incentive to convert non sashes instead.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Darks can get a Sig Style using Mind Thief. Lights can get nothing using Right of Domain. Both are for a tier 2 Sash.

That's why I was asking. I think that it is a little unfair since Mind Thief styles are in 2 ways better than Domains 1) Immunity 2)More victims admittedly this just emphasises 2 all the more.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Also if a Sash loses a fight do they Pay or drop before the redemption round or do they automatically drop since they aren't a sash when the redemption is over?

Wicht

Hero
Kalanyr said:
Also if a Sash loses a fight do they Pay or drop before the redemption round or do they automatically drop since they aren't a sash when the redemption is over?

Heh - you are determined to make me think this morning aren't you :p

The answer is... I don't know, let me contemplate this. But if they can't bribe judges it would seem only fair they don't pay and light aren't in it for the money anyway right ;)

still thats not final... let me think about it some

As to the signature location, a sash gets one at the third tier and then gets a second signature location before they get a second signature style. And your right of domain will work all the way up into the 7th tier so take the long view (which includes the fact that if the dark fighters have more potential victims and convert many your victim pool will increase). I would hate to make a rules change to deal with a temprorary distribution of fighters.

Kalanyr

Explorer
The Long view it is, not that I can get fights without people saying no Redeeming Light.

I could have used RL in 3 fights in however long It's been since I was Red Belt 0.

The Sash thing I will let you think about.

Edit- Removed accidental Sarcastic sounding bit.

Last edited:

Wicht

Hero
The next time you fight a person who says No Redeeming light, tell them that thats cool so long as they promise no dirty tricks or poison blades (or no bribe judges). :D

reiella

Explorer
Hehe, I'll keep that in mind if I start asking for death matches though :). [ Of ironic sidenote, every fight with Kal I've had where I've used tricks at all, I've lost :p. ]

And on that note though, the refusal to accept RL/C matches was also part of the consideration of allowing right of domain/mind thief to be considered relatively ineffectual on balance (because power over time isn't good for trying to maintain a 'fair' balance ]

[ Add ]
Refusing to accept no Conversion just results in you getting fewer fights. Especially the higher ranked they are. Not everyone is as eager as Berandor to switch pathes at the drop of a whim, especially for a character they have something of a personality established (just ponder the honored fighter meowth, or the Light Warrior Meowth for a little while :p, although thankfully it just moves toward honored).

Half my fights at least as Ancestral Meowth against people who were valid conversion targets were explicitly no conversion matches...

Last edited:

Remove ads