• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[YB] Dark Eternal vs. Tomi! (Nekokaburi Judging)

Dark Eternal

First Post
A mournful song drifts through the night. The wind carries the song from an abandoned dojo in a darker part of town.

Inside, the Dark Eternal plays softly upon a guitar that seems to be made of gleaming steel. He sits and patiently waits for his new adversary to arrive.

I have all night, we don't leave for another gig until dawn. Surely, someone will come to fight...

Last edited:

Ciaran

First Post
A stocky man enters the darkened dojo. He wears only yellow pants, a green sash, and dusty rope sandals; a tattoo of a blue-green wave curls across his bronzed chest. He bows to the young musician as the song drifts around him, but says nothing. He listens respectfully until the song meets its end.

“Your song contains great strength,” he says into the silence, “and great melancholy. What is it that you seek?”

Dark Eternal

First Post
The Dark Eternal looks up. "I seek resolution to the conflict which wars within my soul. I seek to master my feelings, and reject the path of dependance and cowardice that I have walked for so long."

Rising to his feet, Ahlydhian strums a couple of chords on the guitar, then lets it fall to his side. "I seek to exorcise my demons in the fire of combat. Are you the warrior for whom I have been waiting?"

Ciaran

First Post
Tomi shrugs. “That which shall be, must be,” he observes. “I am not averse to battle.”

Name: Tomi
Record: 2 wins, 2 losses
Powers: Signature Styles (Trident, Tsunami, Mace), Dojo Style (none), Fist of Fury, Chi Strike, Master of Emotions
Items: none
Yen: 0

Dark Eternal

First Post
"Very well; I sense that there is much you can teach me about honor. Let us duel, and perhaps some of my questions will find answers."

Ahlydhian stands and bows to the warrior.

Dark Eternal
Yellow Belt 0

Record: 1 : 0
1 matches fought
Powers: Signature Style (Lotus Blossom); Dojo Style (Tsunami); Fist of Fury.
No items.
2 yen.

Last edited:

nekokaburi

First Post
A thin, skeletal shadow climbs through the dusty floor of the dojo, almost formless save for the suggestion of arms. As it speaks, others climb from the floor around it.

"We are drawn by hisssss sssong, and hisss soul." It raises an arm to point limply at the Dark Eternal.

Another drifts foward, it's voice distant and hollow, like the moaning of the wind. "Wweee are drawn by baaattle."

The first speaks again. "We will judge thissss match, if it is acceptable, Live Ones. Inssssuultsssss...."

Dark Eternal

First Post
Dark Eternal gazes at the judges for some time, his mind racing.

Are they sent by Dreamreaver? Or are they mere spirits, sensing the duel between life and death that wages within my soul? Whatever they are, they come as Judges. I have no choice but to respect them - it is required, by honor.

Nodding firmly to himself, Ahlydhian bows to the Judges, then to his opponent.

"I find your employer to be lickspittle, your tower to be rotted, and your karate to be brazen."

Last edited:

Ciaran

First Post
Tomi looks at the judges curiously, but says nothing. He casts a fistful of yarrow stalks into the air. Reading the pattern they form on the ground, he says, “I find your Emperor to be unnecessary, your tower to be worthless, and your horse's power to be given all of the thought one gives to breathing.

nekokaburi

First Post
The two shades begin talking nonsensically, while others flit about the corners of the dojo, almost melding completely with the shadows.

"Unnecesssary..."
"Liiiiickspittle"
"Worthlesssssss..."
"Roootteen"
"Horssse..."
"Discooordant"

Each shade in the abandoned building raises an arm in unison to point at the Dark Eternal. A single sibilant whisper is heard, seeming to come from the room itself rather than any one point.

<b>"Choose."</b>

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads