YB! Generators Down?

Jackal

First Post
the site is back up now and yes Wicht I tried that site and it didn't work earlier. The whole server was down.

Last edited:

reiella

Explorer
Well going to off and try to plug MeowthBot :p.

It should mirror the javascript generator except that it doesn't have the potential to create {unknown} entries when the rand() actually happens to return a 1 (in javascript, rand() is bounded by 0 < rand() <= 1) and getting 'pushed' above the limit of the array).

Anyway, it's on the chatroom (chat.psionics.net #yb, connect through your irc client or through the java chat and just type in #yb where it has #dnd3e etc).

!mb ybmove for moves, !mb ybmaster for master, !mb ybinsult for insults.

MB also replies to private messages (just send ybmove, etc by themself to meowth to get him to generate it privately).

Just harass me on the chat if you notice something wrong, I should see it. MB may occasionally be down because I pretty much just leave the putz running while I goto class :).

Lady Diamond

First Post
Hm, both gens down for 20 minutes during prime-time is not good. I'll be looking into moving one of the pair of generators to a different domain, probably the YBA generator since umm hmm... when we reset YB the YB gen will be different from the YBA gen.. or is YBA going to mirror YB with modifier changes? Modifier changes for the YB generator will be ready to go after this weekend (probably by Sunday night/Monday morning).

Anyways, a mirror of the YB generator will be set up. Can't say what happened to the main domain, probably a server reboot, planned or unplanned.

Meowth! Reowth! :) Can I get a copy of the Meowthbot from you? I'd love to see it to see how it works.

reiella

Explorer
Hehe, well it uses XiRCON for tcl scripting mostly.

As that's the only irc chat 'script' language (it's an independant language really heh and that's how I know it) that lets me randomly pull items from lists and arrays to do what I need :).

Honestly I just more or less copied KD's code (with some minor optimizations like pulling a few line gens out of if statements).

Will show ya the 3 procs that generate the yb code though. It was pretty easy once I updated the tcl core xircon uses (and figured out how to use namespaces) so the random core didn't suck :).

Lady Diamond

First Post
XiRCON eh? There's a client I hadn't heard about until today. Not sure how much sense I'd make out of the TCL scripts but I'd still like to see it out of curiosity. I'm assuming you sign onto IRC twice, once as yourself and once as the bot? (duh :) ) most folks I know who run bots use Pirch or deal with runnin' two instances of mIRC. When you get time, no rush :)

Di

Wicht

Hero
Lady Diamond if its not too much trouble please go ahead and change the code for the YBA generator too when you do the YB generator - its not too important for theYBA game but it will make it easier to just have one generator up if you are, like me, often generating moves for both games at the same time.

And thanks :)

Lady Diamond

First Post
No problemo Wicht :) fix one file, copy it to the other folder. Easily done. Methinks I'll move the YBA generator off to another domain, so we'll have two domains to rely on since I'm usually not awake during prime-time. And, yer quite welcome. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases