(YB, in character) The Vagabond seeks a Dojo...

KDLadage

Explorer
The Vagabond walks into the large city. Looking over the streets and reading the center of the town's Bulkitin Board, he sees that several Dojo's are available (if not int eh city, then within a short distance)... but which one?

Vagabond would like to join a Dojo, but would like representatives of each Dojo to speak with in his efforts to choose the right school. Post here your side of a conversation that Vagabond might have with you if he were to visit your Dojo. Please include a description of the physical location of the school, and the style of Dojo that it is. Think of this as Vagabond making job interviews to join the various schools. If you wish, make it known that you would not like him to join the school, and thus brush him off, be insulting or what have you -- but play it up. Thanks in advance.

KDLadage

Explorer
The Vagabond, finding himself obviously lost, looks about the unfamilliar streetsof the city... as a young woman passes by, he looks at her, bows and asks "Good lady, I am a traveller, and new to this place. I was wondering if you would be so kind as to direct me to one of the many Martial Arts schools within the city?"

Kalanyr

Explorer
Kalanyr, the Master of Light, approaches the Vagabond. When he reaches the Vagabond he bows deeply and spreads his wing his silver hair falling over his face and speaks

" Welcome, Son of Light, Slayer of Wicht and Bhallreah, I come here not to tell you of Dojo's and the quest for honour. Instead I come to implore you to return to the Path of Light where you once held much reputation, the Heavens desire your return. And I fear the Dark is rising. However, as always, the choice is your alone, Sun Ma. No matter your choice I wish you well, know however if the Yakuza or Dark claim you I will become your WORST NIGHTMARE! or perhaps your Redeemer, I know not. "

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Greetings Vagabond, I am called Kith. I am sensei at the Dojo of Nature's Fury and Harmony. I heard a call upon the winds that you seek to join a dojo. It is wise that you seek knowledge of each possible choice before committing yourself too quickly to a course of action.

"My dojo is located away from the city to the south in a glade with a large willow tree. The glade is recovering from the devastation that I caused during a fight. Myself and my students each do the manual labor needed to slowly heal the land from the Fury of Nature which I unleashed upon it. As we learn more of Nature, we seek to find and preserve the Harmony that exists between all parts of Nature including oursleves. Like in Nature though, sometimes the Harmony is thrown out of balance by the sudden and devastating Fury. When this happens, we seek to repair the damage and restore the balance so that we may live in Harmony again.

"Since a Dojo is about learning to fight though, I currently teach the following possible styles to my students: Blizzard, Northstar, or Thunder style. As you can see, some of the more destructive elements are taught first. For one, they are easier for new students of Nature to grasp and manipulate than the more intricate and subtle ways that Nature operates. Also, they tend to be much more useful in a fight than some of the more subtle works of Nature. Unfortunately, these powerful forces also tend to disrupt the natural Harmony of the land which requires us to work at restoring that balance if we cause too much damage and disruption. We live with nature itself. Sleeping under the great willow tree, eating the fruits and other food provided nearby, and working the land to help it heal where we cause it injury. Life is simple and good in my dojo and I hope you would like it there.

"Most importantly, my dojo is about learning from all possible sources. Nature is a wonderful teacher if you open up your senses to it with the intention to learn. But we also learn all we can from each other. I teach my students what I can but I remain humble enough to know that I need to learn all I can from them as well. I would enjoy learning what I can from you Vagabond and would gladly teach you what I can if you wish to join my dojo. Either way though, I wish you well in the future."

Last edited:

Wicht

Hero
The Vagabond hears rumors of a new teacher, one without a dojo but who is powerful in the style of the clawed wolf and the falcon. This teacher has been instructing students in the country-side, students who seek him out.

There are other darker rumors about this fighter, but most speakers agree he is an honorable man.

KDLadage

Explorer
Kalanyr said:
Kalanyr, the Master of Light, approaches the Vagabond. When he reaches the Vagabond he bows deeply and spreads his wing his silver hair falling over his face and speaks

" Welcome, Son of Light, Slayer of Wicht and Bhallreah, I come here not to tell you of Dojo's and the quest for honour. Instead I come to implore you to return to the Path of Light where you once held much reputation, the Heavens desire your return. And I fear the Dark is rising. However, as always, the choice is your alone, Sun Ma. No matter your choice I wish you well, know however if the Yakuza or Dark claim you I will become your WORST NIGHTMARE! or perhaps your Redeemer, I know not. "

"It is possible, that once I have my head clear, my soul pure, and my honor intact, I will once again find the path of Light. But for now, I just wish to find myself once more.

"But, rest assured my friend: I will not fall prey to the forces of darkness. This I can promise you."

KDLadage

Explorer
Phoenix8008 said:
"Greetings Vagabond, I am called Kith. I am sensei at the Dojo of Nature's Fury and Harmony. I heard a call upon the winds that you seek to join a dojo. It is wise that you seek knowledge of each possible choice before committing yourself too quickly to a course of action.

"My dojo is located away from the city to the south in a glade with a large willow tree. The glade is recovering from the devastation that I caused during a fight. Myself and my students each do the manual labor needed to slowly heal the land from the Fury of Nature which I unleashed upon it. As we learn more of Nature, we seek to find and preserve the Harmony that exists between all parts of Nature including oursleves. Like in Nature though, sometimes the Harmony is thrown out of balance by the sudden and devastating Fury. When this happens, we seek to repair the damage and restore the balance so that we may live in Harmony again.

"Since a Dojo is about learning to fight though, I currently teach the following possible styles to my students: Blizzard, Northstar, or Thunder style. As you can see, some of the more destructive elements are taught first. For one, they are easier for new students of Nature to grasp and manipulate than the more intricate and subtle ways that Nature operates. Also, they tend to be much more useful in a fight than some of the more subtle works of Nature. Unfortunately, these powerful forces also tend to disrupt the natural Harmony of the land which requires us to work at restoring that balance if we cause too much damage and disruption. We live with nature itself. Sleeping under the great willow tree, eating the fruits and other food provided nearby, and working the land to help it heal where we cause it injury. Life is simple and good in my dojo and I hope you would like it there.

"Most importantly, my dojo is about learning from all possible sources. Nature is a wonderful teacher if you open up your senses to it with the intention to learn. But we also learn all we can from each other. I teach my students what I can but I remain humble enough to know that I need to learn all I can from them as well. I would enjoy learning what I can from you Vagabond and would gladly teach you what I can if you wish to join my dojo. Either way though, I wish you well in the future."

"I thank you kind master, and your offer of teaching is greatly accepted. I do have some questions for you. Does your dojo currently have any enemies? How many students are you teaching at the moment? And most importantly: Besides the teaching of matial proficiancy, what do you consider the core element of your school of thought?"

KDLadage

Explorer
Wicht said:
The Vagabond hears rumors of a new teacher, one without a dojo but who is powerful in the style of the clawed wolf and the falcon. This teacher has been instructing students in the country-side, students who seek him out.

There are other darker rumors about this fighter, but most speakers agree he is an honorable man.

Walking over a dewy hill in the morning, the Vagabond sits and beginsto meditate, as he feels the warmth of the sunrise on his face. After the sun has fully risen, he stands and puts his bedroll back in his pack.

"This is where they said he was teaching." he mutters to himself. Looking at the length of the shadows that a nearby willow tree casts, he decides that he will wait here until they have reduced themselves in half... if the master does not arrive, he will seek more information on this unknown entity...

Phoenix8008

First Post
KDLadage said:
"I thank you kind master, and your offer of teaching is greatly accepted. I do have some questions for you. Does your dojo currently have any enemies? How many students are you teaching at the moment? And most importantly: Besides the teaching of matial proficiancy, what do you consider the core element of your school of thought?"

"My dojo has no enemies that I am aware of. I have fought other dojo masters and even a former student that now learns under a new teacher, but I have been on friendly terms with all of them in my mind.

"I curently have two students in my dojo: Eldon and Moocow. Darkwolf was once my student as well, but he advanced so quickly that his knowledge soon nearly equaled my own. When that happened, he left to learn from a new teacher at another dojo.

"As I said above in a round-about way, the core of my school of thought is this: Life is like nature. It can go from gentle beauty to furious destruction in the blink of an eye. It is all part of the balance that brings harmony to our lives. We do not shun any of these aspects as they are all a part of us, just like we are all a part of Nature around us. We seek an understanding of nature in order to better know the patterns and lack thereof which also dominate our lives. With this knowledge comes the power to disrupt the natural patterns of nature, and also the obligation to repair and disruptions which we create. This is why I choose to stay and heal the glade which I injured. Most importantly though, in understanding the patterns of nature, we gain wisdom of how best to live our lives in harmony with those patterns, and to find the happiness that comes of that."

Vanor

First Post
Vanor and Lady Diamond approach the gates to their Dojo, upon hearing of the visitor. They both bow to the wander and invite him in.

Greetings Vagabond, it is good to see you are once more traveling this land, I have heard you are searching for a teacher and a place to stay. Vanor says as he leads the group over to the Koei pond. He offers him a seat then sits down next to his betrothed. Sitting under the large cherry tree that shades the benches as well as part of the pond.

I would like to welcome you as well to the Dragon and Cherry blossom of the Westwind dojo honored fighter. Diamond says and smiles. You seek out instruction, and we can provide that here, I have recently begun teaching myself. I teach the styles of the Cherry blossom, Spider and Dragon.

And I teach the styles of Hammer, Tiger and Dragon. Vanor says You are welcome to come here and learn any of these styles from us if you so chose. If you chose dragon, you will need to let us know who you would like to be your primary instructor.

But life here, is about more then just the teaching of kung-fu. We also celebrate all parts of the lives of those who live here, and are in many ways as much a family as a dojo. We teach and watch over our students, as much as a mother and father would their children. Vanor has taught me much about the ways of this land, and about honor. With his help I have come to understand how important things like honor and tradition are, to those who live here.

Vanor smiles at here before speaking I have shown you some things, but you already had a firm understanding of honor before coming here my love. But what she says is true, here we are about the road each of us travels, and our goal is to help each person find their way down that road. Or perhaps to help them find the proper road if they have not already found it. This dojo is steeped in tradition and history… If these are things you wish to have be part of your life, then perhaps this dojo is the place for you. If not then you are still welcome here any time you are in need of a place to stay.

Diamond points out to the rest of the dojo, speaking of each as she points them out. Here we do more then teach kung-fu. We have an armory and weapon smith if you have need of those things. We also have a stable for Vanor and my horses. The dojo it’s self is well defended by four watchtowers, one for each of the winds. Also we have a large training hall, that we also use to take our meals, and living quarters for the students. If you wish to become part of our family you are most welcome to. If you wish to keep traveling then as Vanor said you are always welcome here to rest when you are weary.

Ooc: If you join our dojo, you’ll need to pick between Diamond and myself if you go with the Dragon style, so we can keep the dojo records separated. My dojo record is currently 3-2, Diamonds is 0-0. There's a link to the dojo thread in my sig.

Last edited:

Remove ads