(YB/Meta/Rules) YB 2.0 (very long)

Jackal

First Post
I have a question. Well, I am mainly seeing if I am reading this right.

If I was a Honored Yellow belt 1 and I fought and won against a Yakuza and I wanted to be a light warrior would I become a blue belt 2? And if I went against a dark warrior I would be a orange belt 0 right?

New rules state
To join the path of light, a Honor fighter (or a white belt) must win a fight against a Yakuza or dark fighter. After winning they may choose to advance into the path of light instead of further into the honor path. A white belt who does this begins as a Blue Belt 0. An honor fighter begins at the rank equivalent to what he would be if he had remained an honor fighter.

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
QUESTION:

at what tier do you start a dojo in the honered path???? is it still green???

[edit].....also...will there be a couple of NPC dojo's when the new game starts up.....so the first couple of yellow belts or what have you can have there dojo styles????

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer

If a white belt would beat a yellow belt, disgraced 3 and kill that yellow belt, they could advance three ranks (though not into the honor or light paths).

Is there a reason why this fighter can't move onto the honor paths? I can see no other rule indicating this restriction.

In the description of the Yakuz it gives 1 extra rank for a victory over a higher tier Yakuza but there are already rules for getting more ranks from higher tiers does a Yakuza gain 2 extra ranks per tier difference instead of the usual 1 extra per tier or does he merely get 1 extra rank total or neither of these ?

And last it appears you have dropped the double rank loss for Lights who lose to Dark/Yakuza and vice versa, is this intended or was it merely dropped by mistake? (If it was by mistake I don't think Honor/Yakuza should cost an extra rank since you get nothing special for winning over them(?

MidKnight

First Post
Kalanyr said:

If a white belt would beat a yellow belt, disgraced 3 and kill that yellow belt, they could advance three ranks (though not into the honor or light paths).

Is there a reason why this fighter can't move onto the honor paths? I can see no other rule indicating this restriction.

I think that this might be left over form the original rules on death. Before the re-write only yakuza and dark warriors could kill an opponent (outside of a death match). Now anyone could do it.

Not sure on the rest...

Wicht

Hero
Jackal said:
I have a question. Well, I am mainly seeing if I am reading this right.

If I was a Honored Yellow belt 1 and I fought and won against a Yakuza and I wanted to be a light warrior would I become a blue belt 2? And if I went against a dark warrior I would be a orange belt 0 right?

Either way you would start out as a Blue belt 2. The extra advancement only occurs for light fighters who are already light fighters at the beginning of their fight, thus the rule "An honor fighter begins at the rank equivalent to what he would be if he had remained an honor fighter."

Originally posted by Rathan
at what tier do you start a dojo in the honered path???? is it still green???

[edit].....also...will there be a couple of NPC dojo's when the new game starts up.....so the first couple of yellow belts or what have you can have there dojo styles????

The earliest you can start a dojo, i.e. train other fighters, is Green. However, Green Belts are under no obligation to do so and a brown belt without a dojo can start one if he feels like it.

There will be no NPC dojos and if a person gains a new dojo style without having the ability to join a dojo because of a lack of teachers they are free to pick their own dojo style.

Originally posted by Kalanyr

oops. Thats a leftover an I will change it. There is no restriction now against them moving into the honor path (though there would be into light)

Originally posted by Kalanyr
In the description of the Yakuz it gives 1 extra rank for a victory over a higher tier Yakuza but there are already rules for getting more ranks from higher tiers does a Yakuza gain 2 extra ranks per tier difference instead of the usual 1 extra per tier or does he merely get 1 extra rank total or neither of these ?

A Yakuza gains a total of 2 extra ranks from beating a yakuza of the next highest tier (total 3). This is offset by the fact that they drop 2 if they are in the higher tier and are beaten in the fight.

This is comparable to the Light/Dark who advance 1 extra tier for besting their truest enemies i.e. Dark/Light. The Dark Light however don't ever drop more than 1 rank at a time and only have 1 buffer. The drop 2 ranks I decided was actually a discouragement from fighting who we wanted to ecourage them to fight and so it was dropped.

Until the new fishing-proof generator is done, would it be OK if a fighter stipulated that he wanted a judge to generate the moves for both fighters in a strategy match?

Personally, I was thinking of conditioning my fights in YB2 to this, but I don't want anybody to take it personal...

Another thing. We haven't dealt with "multiple characters per player". Now, I know it hasn't been comme il faut thus far, but I was planning to exchange my duo-fighting-as-one with two separate fighters. (Well, three, but the third one is going to judge only :D). The reason is, of course, that I'm rather keen to test out the paths.

Of course, the fighters can't fight each other. Furthermore they are restricted from any Yen transactions between them.

Would that work - or are there other caveats?

Wicht

Hero
Left-handed Hummingbird said:
Another thing. We haven't dealt with "multiple characters per player". Now, I know it hasn't been comme il faut thus far, but I was planning to exchange my duo-fighting-as-one with two separate fighters. (Well, three, but the third one is going to judge only :D). The reason is, of course, that I'm rather keen to test out the paths.

Of course, the fighters can't fight each other. Furthermore they are restricted from any Yen transactions between them.

Would that work - or are there other caveats?

IMO it would work - I was never opposed to multiple characters. I think it was mainly 47 and YCE who led the charge against them after Wicht returned from the dead and I was already playing Sidhe Li.

Does anyone have any objections to multiple characters provided as LHH said, they do not fight one another and they do not exchange yen.

And as to the judge generating the moves for the strategy fights I have no objection...

Remove ads