YB! Returns! First Playtest Fight Thread!

Rathan

First Post
A mist rolls in slowly from seemingly nowhere.... Light from the overcast sky barely illuminates the battle field which is for now empty..... Soon blood shall be shed on this hallowed location.... A lone figure stands within the landscape waiting to do it's job... it's a Judge and he waits for battle!

Hello folks.... and welcome to the first playtest thread for YB! Returns! Lets hope this little showing of how our game works with pique your interests... if not.. enjoy the fight at least!!!

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
A young man walks out of the mist. His white hair billows around his face in wisps as the air moves past him. The muscles on his bare chest are hard and his strong arms are wrapped from elbow to hand in white linen strips. He wears red pants that are cut for ease of movement when fighting. His face is inquisitive, but his amethyst eyes are guarded and cautious.

Approaching the judge, the young man nods as if he expected to see someone awaiting him out here in the mist or at this spot. With a shake of his head and a wry smile though, any onlooker would guess that the judge was not the person he was hoping to meet here though. Bowing to the judge, the young man says, "I am Nikosin. I travel in search of my father, but I will not find him today I think. I would be honored for you to judge the battle which is soon to come." Sitting down in the lotus position, the young man begins his wait for what will come next.

OOC: Nikosin follows the path of the Honored Ones and has the Spider Signature Style and a smoke bomb item. Here is a link to the insult and move generator for anyone that needs it or for spectators to see where we are getting our moves and insults from. :D

Knight Otu

First Post
Indeed, shortly after Nikosin, another figure approached. The man has a powerful built with bronze skin and short, fiery-red hair and charcoal eyes. He is clad in black trousers and shirt, decorated with a flame motif, and also wear a billowing red cape. In his left hand, he hold a spear adorned with a banner showing a volcano.

Studying the warrior before him with squinted eyes, he smirks a little before bowing slightly towards the judge and, barely noticeable, towards Nikosin. "I am Paros Mal Emberspear. Are you warrior enough to face me, honorling?"

(A Honored One surely needs a Defiler as his opponent. ;) Paros Mal has the Volcano signature location, and has a Standard of Battle item.)

Phoenix8008

First Post
"If I was not warrior enough to face you, I would not have been here awaiting your arrival defiled one." Nikosin says as he rises to his feet in one fluid motion. He nods towards Paros before looking him up and down in an appraising manner. With one eyebrow raised, Nikosin chuckles and speaks the ritual insult: "I find your person to be like unto a dolt, your kitchen to be bland, and your glare to be negligible."

Knight Otu

First Post
"Huaha! I was afraid you' shrivel up from merely being looked at, but it seems I'll get a challenge after all!" Paros Mal bellows. With a quick motion, he doffs the cape and lets it fall to the ground as he in turn calls out the ritual insults.

"I find your Lady to be flatulent, your farm to be disgusting, and your dojo to be hilarious."​

Rathan

First Post
The judge quietly contemplates the insults at hand and after a few long moments of silences... it speaks....

"gaseous lady is a low blow.. and coming from a defiler I say it's enough to win the insult round.... you may set terms (ie. pick how many flags or points the match is going to be) and go first..... when ready of course..."[/b]

The ancient masters have decreed this match to take place at the ricefield south-east of Pang-Wu Province on the night of the claw.

[sblock=ooc]I've added a new set of rules to flags and now 'points'.... flag matches the flags go back and forth depending on who wins the rounds... if Paros Mal wins two rounds in a row he now has two flags... if Nikosin wins the third round one of Paros Mals two flags are set back to neutral... thus making for a long match.... 'Point' matches do not reset flags at all it's a race so to speak to the picked number of points. If it's a 4 point match than the player to win 4 total combined rounds wins the match.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
(Should we get a Masters' Decree?)

"Let's make it 3 flags." Paros Mal grins as he whirls into position.

The whip penetrates the heavens; guards against the speed of the sickle!

He whips his spear in front of him, banner waving, to dissuade his opponent from a quick attack, before he jumps forward in an attempt to skewer Nikosin.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Nikosin frowns at the insult against a Lady, thinking of his mother back at home. Nodding at the declaration of 3 flags, the young man bounces on the balls of his feet to get his adrenaline flowing and loosen up his muscles.

As Paros Mal's spear whips forward, Nikosin bunches his legs and leaps high into the air in a complete somersault. Looking down from above his foe as he passes over with arms straight out for balance Nikosin lands behind the other fighter and shoulder rolls into position facing back towards Paros Mal while trying to guard against any blow that might be coming at him...

The southern cross leaps over the heavens; guards against the beauty of the club!​

Rathan

First Post
The judge looks on with no sound... no movement just the piercing glow stare of hazy white eyes as the opponents start the battle.....

"Hmmmm... The Honored One is quick... but the Defiler is most powerful.... Paros Mal is the winner this round...."

Round Paros Mal... 1 Flag Paros Mal; 2 Flags Neutral!

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: I believe we take turns going first if I remember right...

The cherry blossom removes the prairie; conceals the descent of the river!​

Nikosin telegraphs a high kick towards his foe in hopes of confusing him, then spins through the kick using his momentum to land low and keep spinning right into a leg sweep.

Remove ads