YB! Returns! First Playtest Fight Thread!

Rathan

First Post
The judge blinks once more as a smoke bomb is thrown in his face... once it clears though you can tell if he had a fully corporeal face it would not NONE too happy at this turn of events...

Flags back to: 2 Flags Nikosin; 1 Flag Neutral!

Knight Otu

First Post
The manticore drifts upon the volcano; shreds the punch of the barrens!​

Standard of Battle!​

In a final bid to prevent his loss, Paros Mal swirls his spear around quickly, then again rams it into the ground, this time heating up and creating a barrier of heat around him. The volcano banner on his spear flares up as well, and the volcano itself seems to come to life, increasing the heat as it slowly fades from the banner.

Rathan

First Post
After a moment the judge looks to both combatants and bows softly to them both....

I find the Honored One to have the better of moves this round and for is immense comeback and strength I award him the match!

Round and Battle to Nikosin!.... 3 Flags Nikosin... Match Nikosin!

"You Advance to Apprentice 1 in the Honored One path with a Battle Record of 1 - 0! Congratulations!"

"Paros Mal as you are Dark Apprentice 0 you cannot fall back to a tier below the one you've already archived.. you remain Dark Apprentice 0 with a Battle Record of 0 - 1. Better luck to you next time in your next challenge!"

[sblock=ooc]I've decided only to incorporate disgrace (where you fall back in rank) to the ranks within the tiers themselves.... for example a fighter can fall back from Green Sash 3 to Green Sash 2..... but cannot fall back from Green Sash 0 to Yellow Sash 5.... once you've achieved a tier you cannot loose it....[/sblock]

Knight Otu

First Post
Paros Mal glares at Nikosin for a few seconds, sweating from the battle and the heat he created, before he lets out a roaring laugh. "Kinda impressed, honorling. Using a coward's weapon to ensure your victory. Nice work making me waste my banner."
He bows slightly to the judge and Nikosin, then brushes past the latter to continue on his path, idly tossing up the yen he won from time to time.

Seonaid

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]I've decided only to incorporate disgrace (where you fall back in rank) to the ranks within the tiers themselves.... for example a fighter can fall back from Green Sash 3 to Green Sash 2..... but cannot fall back from Green Sash 0 to Yellow Sash 5.... once you've achieved a tier you cannot loose it....[/sblock]
[sblock]I like that a lot. It makes much more sense. Good match![/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Nikosin bows to the judge and Paros Mal. "You fought well, defiler. Perhaps we will meet in battle once more at a later time."

Nikosin gathers his belongings and walks away from the field of battle after looking around as if in search of a marker to direct him. With a shrug after seeing no clue, he dissapears into the mist until his next battle...

OOC: I definitely like not being able to drop a tier, Rathan. My question is, what now? Since we don't have a forum of our own like we used to, we would be using the 'Talking the Talk' and 'Playing the Game' subforums for YB if we are gonna get this going. I was thinking we should have a thread in 'Talking the Talk' that starts with the rules outline and links to anything important like the move generator. Below that could be a general discussion type area for questions or comments or challenges maybe? The each match that gets started can have its own thread in the 'Playing the Game' area?

Are the rules complete enough and ready to start actual play, or do we need to vote on them and tweak them (with the memory that delays in just such a process were part of what killed YB2...)?? So far, I've like everything I've seen and heard and believe that simple is the way to go. But the longer it takes to get some matches going, the worse chance we have of a resurrection of YB. What do the rest of you think?

Rathan

First Post
actually... rather than having the game in forums with sticky threads.. I thought we might just do it through the groups section of this website.... you have threads within your group as we have been talking through them thusfar with each other.... think that might work?....

Knight Otu

First Post
I'm thinking that we should use the normal forums for now. Let's get the other thread moved to Talking the Talk (in General, it's simply overwhelmed, especially currently with the pdf affair), and have fight threads and other RP threads here. This way, the game gets exposure, which is what it currently needs. If the game gets too large, we can still use the group forum later.

Remove ads