[YB2.0] Kalanyr defeats Gorm Twoface (complete)

Kalanyr

Explorer
OOC- A style match follows all standard rules except that the Basic Weight of the moves are based on the flavour text rather than the move.

The vine tramples the knoll; parts the rising of the lily!

Flipping in midair Kalanyr touches down to the ground on his hand and roots himself to the spot, gripping the earth with his hands, given his angelic strength it will take a great effort even by his prodigious opponent to move him and lashes out with multiple kicks towards the ogres groin. When the two-headed beast attacks, Kalanyr parts his legs and flips through the air,almost seeming to float on the air currents, before touching down now rightside up.

Berandor

lunatic
*go away! Nothing to rule here!*

As to the topic of Holy day, etc.
I think the consensus is the following: A white belt risks nothing if he loses, but gains a lot when beating an upper tier (namely more than one rank). Therefore, these fighters do have this power.

The "normal" good and evil fighters don't have it; only Light and Darkness gain a signature style /location by special power. The problem with signature style is, however, that it also grants immunity opposed to a signature location.

Perhaps you could formalize the rules such that normally, each fighter has to go first alternatingly. As it stands now, normally Kalanyr would have to post second, so as to have maximum use of his Holy Day power.

However, to keep it in line with Sneaky Trick, one could argue that Holy Day should be used when posting first, so no immunity could be bought afterwards.

Berandor

nsruf

First Post
Unsure what to do next, Gorm mimicks his enemy's style and moves like the creeping vine. Or is this a trick to lull Kalanyr into a false sense of security? Which head is directing the move?

Well, there seems to be no trick after all:

"I sure wish I was female fighter now..."

The ogre jumps over the frantically kicking Kalanyr in an attempt to protect his groin.

Then, he pivots quickly towards his opponent again, clearly expecting a more lethal follow up attack. Raising both arms defensively, he glares at Kalanyr with all four eyes.

"You want to play Grim Reaper? Better find some crop your own size, then, eh?"

The vine leaps over the madlands; defends against the blood of the scythe!

nsruf

First Post
Berandor said:
However, to keep it in line with Sneaky Trick, one could argue that Holy Day should be used when posting first, so no immunity could be bought afterwards.[/B]

OOC: Either way, this should be part of the initiative rules to prevent further confusion.

Berandor

lunatic
As the chewing gum drops from his mouth - together with a good amount of spittle - the old man awakes from his slumber, just in time to witness the moves.
"Alright, alright. Now don't make too much noise, will you? Sheesh. Today's fighters sure don't know how to behave themselves around more honorable people... like me."

He walks forward and motions the fighters together.

----
ROUND 8: Point, Gum and Match to Kalanyr, Dogbert to Kalanyr

Gorm Twoface: Lost! You lost your puppy! That sure makes you angry, but at least that's the only bad part in it. You are still a white belt, albeit with a more negative record.

Kalanyr: Three in a row! The forces of good shine your way to ascension! You can feel power boiling inside of you, and the next tier is in striking distance, now. Furthermore, you have your faithful Dogbert at your side!
You are now a Blue Belt 2, Record of 3-0.
----

"Now, give me my gum back!" The old man lets the fighters open all their mouths and rummages in them with his gnarly fingers, checking every crevace to be sure there is no chewing-gum thief among you.
"And you call yourself fighters... Puh!"
He walks away, cursing, in the direction of the next tavern.

OOC: Great Match! Kalanyr, you have grown considerably in describing your moves.
(Don't worry nsruf, yours are very good, too :))

Kalanyr

Explorer
Nsruf- I had a tier advantage and am willing to change my avatar should they be reenabled, you may keep dogbert, I will claim Catbert until such a time as you are of equal belt rank to me and we can have a fair match for possession of the Dogbert.

IC: " You have impressed me with you skill and style, great ogre therefore I gift you with my most holy Dogbert , take good care of him. " (Kalanyr carefully hands the dog to the uncivilised head and stands back)

OOC:- Berandor, thank you. Fight Club is excellent practise for my English, who'd have thought it?

Last edited:

nsruf

First Post
Berandor said:
Gorm Twoface: Lost! You lost your puppy! That sure makes you angry, but at least that's the only bad part in it. You are still a white belt, albeit with a more negative record.

"Doggy gone:( Evil man!"

"Hrmph! A record to match my attitude, that's for sure. Now look at this mess!"

Gorm glances around, appreciating the destruction he has caused in the village. Both faces brighten up as they see that their "efforts" have not been totally in vain.

"Now, give me my gum back!" The old man lets the fighters open all their mouths and rummages in them with his gnarly fingers, checking every crevace to be sure there is no chewing-gum thief among you.

"Wha ha oo oing?"

The uglier head tries to peer into his own mouth, which is both futile and does nothing to improve his looks.

"Hey watch it! You stick it in, you lose it! I wouldn't dream of stealing your disgusting gum. I may be an ogre but I still have standards.

Come on, stupid, let's go find you another pet. It's been a long time since we last terrorized the countryside. The city is this way, I believe."

Gorm turns and walks away, still limping a little from his fight. The bickering of the heads can be heared for quite a while after he leaves your sight.

Watch out, world, there's an ogre on the loose!

OOC: Great Match! Kalanyr, you have grown considerably in describing your moves.
(Don't worry nsruf, yours are very good, too :))

OOC: Thanks to all involved! I am sorry if I overreacted because of the Holy Day but I was really surprised to learn that a 2nd tier fighter can grant himself immunities. I hope the exact way this works will be included with the initiative rules soon.

And now, let's see if I can turn the avatar off in my profile already.

Edit: Seems like I can't until they are re-enabled.

Last edited:

Remove ads