[YB2.0] Kalanyr defeats Gorm Twoface (complete)

Kalanyr

Explorer
The spider slays the foothills; dodges the foray of the steel!

"Watch the pretty birdy "
Kalanyr steps back and gestures calmy, his eyes seeming to glow red. The Ogre his attention fixed on the gesture, does not look backwards and in failing to do so misses seeing the huge spider emerging from the foothills behind him, crushing them as it walks towards Grom with the obvious idea of doing the same to him. While the spider stalks forward Kalanyr distracts his opponent by dodging the Ogre's attacks.

Berandor

lunatic
"Now we're talking!", says the old man as he sees the carnage all around him. A city crushed, foothills slain, bystanders running around in pure terror.
"That's alomst like it was those years ago... almost."

Anyway, he grants the honorary gum to the angel again.

ROUND 5: Point to kalanyr, 1 gum Kalanyr!

Kalanyr

Explorer
The turtle falls on top of the coast; wards off the foray of the spirit!

Kalanyr flaps his wings rising gracefully into the air above the two headed ogre at the peak of his flight ,he pauses for a second and is covered in a shell of force before dropping towards the more intelligent of Grom's head to quell the rising tide of his intellect The shell of force also has the added advantage of turning aside many attacks both seen & unseen.

nsruf

First Post
"Coward! Send big spider to fight Gorm, than fly away! Pah!"

Gorm flexes his arms and draws a deep breath with both throats. This looks quite comical, as it seems to be a crude imitation of the cherry blossum relaxation technique employed by monks of the western province. Certainly not something you expect an ogre to appreciate or even know!

Both heads now fix their stares on the circling Kalanyr. With a sudden effort, Gorm jumps high into the air, his grunt echoing far through the surrounding valley. The ogre tries to swat his opponent and send him tumbling to the ground like an autumn leaf.

"Shame you didn't send him through that roof over there! Would have scored us an extra point, I am sure..."

remarks the bald head after the ogre lands again, quite gracelessly, on his feet.

The cherry blossum slashes from the valley; grasps the motion of the leaf!

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
"On the holy plane of Olympia today is the Day of the Cherry Blossom, would it not be fitting for it to be that Day here also? I already miss the Calendar that my blood now sings too"

Holy Day Day of the Cherry Blossom

Last edited:

nsruf

First Post
OOC: What is that supposed to do? Now the day's style is cherry blossum and my move is lent greater weight?!

From the YB 2.0 rules:

Holy Day: The fighter may once per fight declare a new Holy day, thus changing the style of the day.

Edit: Allright, it works with Holy Warrior. Duh!
I thought the new rules were supposed to be more balanced than the old:(

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
OOC-Indeed, however the rules probably are more balanced than the old by them a blue belt had holy day but no pure spirit which drags at times. A yellow has two sig styles, fist of fury & no pure spirit which is probably about equal. A light has to win at least 1 round before we can do this and it can be negated in at least 4 ways I know of, Chi Strike,Dirty Trick, Bribe Judges, using ones opponents sig style.

Since I had a belt advantage, you can keep the Dogbert Avatar, I understand that they will probably be reenabled. I'll change mine to Catbert or if you like we can have a rematch when you are of the same tier as I.

Last edited:

nsruf

First Post
OOC: But the ability to buy an immunity when it suited him was one of the things that made the old sash so broken! And now they gave it to a 2nd tier fighter as a "once per match"?!

Under the old rules, a white belt could take on a blue belt with a reasonable chance of winning (ok, Berandor knows best that my only attempt at that failed;)).

BTW, I suppose you hadn't realized this trick earlier, or you would have pulled it on round 2 already?

Kalanyr

Explorer
I knew. I just didn't want to do that on the second round of a battle.

In 2.0 its apparantly meant to be so that its harder to beat those of a higher tier, if you had one you would have gotten 2 ranks from it and I would have lost 2. A yellow for example has a similar chance of a sig style than I do (odds favour them slightly since holy warrior changes every match), and can use FoF for a 2 point attempt if stacked with sig style this could be a 3 or 4 pointer possibly changing a two flag match from losing to win.

Edit- Messed up my probability.

Last edited:

nsruf

First Post
OOC: AFAIK you lose only one rank, even if you lose to a lower ranking fighter.

What bothers me is that a WB seems to be limited to fighting other WBs. The old game already suffered from to small a fighter base, so this is not going to help. Before 2.0 I did not mind taking on a fighter of tier one level above mine (it rarely worked out, but I call that bad luck;)). But now I probably won't do that again, at least until I am absolutely familiar with the rules.

It could be said that a WB loses little if he is beaten in a match, but OOC I lose at least the time I could spend on a more promising fight. Especially as I am not one of those players who can afford to be constantly online, so I rarely finish a fight in less than 3 or 4 days.

Remove ads