[yb2-meta] Generator Talk

reiella

Explorer
Looking most likly towards the weekend one way or another in all truth currently as some people have time off then and can burn (including myself) to accomodate the talk...

Whether or not any change actually comes out I really could care less :p. Only thing that I do care about is that the conflict addressed and at least ideas tossed around for percieved problems...

Minor things like, there being 10 defensive targets related to plants in general.... with 4 styles that are 'plants' (rose petal, cherry blossom, lotus blossom, thorn). Dragon having the two reptile and wyrm... Ki-Rin, chimera, manticore with no real 'direct' opposed... West wind with the 'four winds', 'air'... It can lead to some styles being more disadvantaged against (at in strategy matches, or if the judge does consider interaction... Which I know you hate seeing Vanor :p). The downside to this is that there is weaker synergy with the style in general.

I do hope that it's somewhat obvious that discussion with the goal to compromise is a bit easier if it done real time...

There's also something to be said about seeing the proposed changes 'real time' for determining if something is a good idea or not :).

Now personally I really don't care much one way or the other... Only matters that really concern me all that much are the nature of some styles being 'unfairly' represented in the nouns/defense table, and that's mostly because I dislike the idea of some styles being greater than others (to a large extent, there are some location counters/synergies), although personally could care less either way. On those notes, the only thing that I'd really like is more synergy potential with moves, although I do feel a fair number of judges do not weight synergy as highly as I do personally :).

Jin Chi

First Post
May I recommend "beast" as a good addition to deal with all of those nasty monster types....

I think there should either be more defensive opposition. Or none at all..... I like the opposition myself, and as a judge I do tend to consider whether or not the defense at hand looks like it could be an effective counter to the offense being used. And I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

Otherwise, when you get right down to it, some of the offensive styles just sound scarier than others and are thus weighted more. Dragon moves always come off sounding more powerful than chopstick or cherry blossom attacks....

Kalanyr

Explorer
Times GMT +10

Monday,Wednesday,Friday- 4:30pm-12:00am
Tuesday & thursday- 5:30pm-12:00am
Sunday- 6:00am-12:00 am
Saturday: 2 pm - 12:00am

reiella

Explorer
Options currently looking to be around 9 am pacific (11 am central, and a rather unpleasant time of 1 am tuesday I think GMT+10) next monday... (Conflicts with Lady Diamond, and myself by an hour and a half)

Sunday at around 11am GMT+10 ( 8 pm Saturday Central, 6 pm Saturday Pacific ). (Conflicts with midknight and Sabaron)

[The Burn]Sunday 1 am pacific, 3 am central, 7pm Sunday (Blocks out Sabaron)

Drawing a blank for any others...

3pm pacific comes to 5pm central, 9 am next day GMT +10... Only problem is it blocks out midknight, and either sabaron or lady diamond depending on which day it falls on (weekend blocks out sabaron, weekday lady diamond).

I'm leaning towards the burn... It screws my sleep schedule, but I can make it, it should fit MidKnight's, not be too inconvienent for Lady Diamond. Just makes me burn (and GrayDoom) burn that night.

If you wish to volunteer, post so, and an available timeframe.

Remove ads