• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(YBA) Kalath in Wicht's Tomb Again

Wicht

Hero
The stairs lead up to a room, 10 feet by 10 feet. There is an ornate door at the other end of the room guarded by two more ogres. They stare impassively as Kalath climbs into the room.

Wicht

Hero
The ogres wait until Kalath is almost upon them and then open the door and let him through.

They follow him through into the next room. The room is a nicely furnished library with nice carpeting, a fire place, four comfortable looking chairs and some tasteful paintings of scenic looking cemeterys.

A slim man with brown hair and a scarred face is sitting in one of the chairs. He is wearing a black kimino and it is impossible to tell if he is armed.

"What can I do for you?" He asks.

graydoom

First Post
"Good day."

"Now, as you may or may not know, Rettville's brother Rettburg was recently freed from his imprisonment. Soon afterwards, he was brutally killed by the one who freed him. Despite the best efforts of those nearby, the killer was able to escape. Rettville is understandably angry about this, and wants the man who killed Rettburg."

"Recently, it has come to Rettville's attention that the killer may be frequenting this area. He sent me to make this offer: if you can find the killer and deliver him, living or dead, to Rettville, Rettville will suitably recompense you. Rettville doesn't care how it's done or who does it, but he wants this guy bad."

"So, are you up for this?"

ooc: I'll be gone pretty much the whole weekend. At best, I might be able to make a few posts late sunday night. At worst, not till monday afternoon.

Wicht

Hero
"And this is news?" asks the man, "We had to endure that awful few days with no garbage pick up and now Rettville wants me to find his brother's killer? Why not Assbar, he has the assassins, I just...

"Why is Rettville certain he is around my place?
"

graydoom

First Post
"He isn't certain. You can never be certain about things like this, anyway. He has just gotten information... information Rettville considers credible, I suppose... that he is around your place."

"And if that proves to be true, Rettville doesn't want the opportunity to pass. I believe it is Rettville's opinion that if this guy is around your place, the fastest way to deal with him is to get you to deal with him. You know your place best."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads