D&D 5E Yearly Releases Speculation Time

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I believe Dark Sun material is still possible this year, but that depends entirely on how the next round of Mystic/Psion testing does. An updated UA could drop next month, and if it's really good, could pave the way for a November release. However, they'd still need to playtest some defiling and a few races.

The comments Perkins made about people who liked CoS and his 2020 AP made me think he could be playing in another setting. Mayhaps that Spelljammer/Planescape AP that starts in Lantan, either dealing with Gith vs Illithids, of that Great Modron March.

A second Xanathar style book should easily be happening this year with WotC ramping up on subclass UAs. Unless, they are going in a surprise setting book!

The adventure compilation that Welch is spearheading is a sure thing, but I'm really curious about the overal theme of the adventures, if there even is one.

My wild card prediction: 5E Modern.

I'd looooove an Urban Arcana Setting book.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Once I see something else from her or get some teasers of the adventure, then I can get excited. But I'm not jumping up and down because of celebrity name recognition. (I also wouldn't be pumped about a Vin Diesel-written adventure.)
You never looked at Ghosts of Saltmarsh?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases