• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Yedan's Troubleshooters

Kaodi

Hero
Colvin ducks out of the way of a second arrow fired by the archer remaining on top of the mausoleum as he dashes into the graveyard. He is met there by a charging skeletal warrior, but steps to the side as a faint but all too real battleaxe cuts the air where he had been standing.

OOC: Skull 4
Skull 1
Evret (E)
Mezcia (Z)
Skull Leader (G)
Skull 2
Whyre (W)
Morgan & Crawler (M & A)
Bastion (B)
Colvin (C)

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
. . . . X . . . . . . . . . . . X . . . . . . . . . 1
. . . . X . . X . . X . . . . . . . . X . . X . . . 2
. . . . X . . . . . . . . X . . X . . . . . . . . . 3
. . . B X . Z X . . X . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4
. . . . X . . . C . . . . X . . . . . . . X X X X . 5
. . . . . . . . . 1 . . . . . . . . . . . X X 4 X . 6
. A M . . . . . . . . . . . . . G . . . . X X X X . 7
. . W E X . . . . . . . . . . . 2 . . . . X X X X . 8
. . . . X . . X . . . . . . . . . . X . . . . . . . 9
. . . . X . . . . X . . X . . . X . . . . . . . . . 10
. . . . X . . X . . . . . . . . . . . . . X . . X . 11
. . . . X . . . . . . X . . . . X . . X . . . . . . 12

ghostcat

First Post
OOC: I know this is out of turn but I won't be able to post until tomorrow morning. So I thought I would keep things moving.

Mez moves behind another tombstone such that he has a clear shot at the ghost that is attacking Colvin. Once there he send a ray of positive energy at the ghost.

[sblock=Actions]Move to J2,
Cast Disrupt Undead at 1.[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Evret is momentarily undecided. If he charges forward, he leaves the spellcasters undefended, but on the other hand if they don't down some of these creatures they will be overrun. Seeing Colvin engage one of the creatures settles it for him. Moving out from behind cover he dashes out with his club raised and utters a viscous cry!

OOC:
Moving to I-7 and attacking

Arrowhawk

First Post
OOC: Since my move won't be affected by the skeletons, I'll post now

With the battle upon them, Whyre can only hope his comrades remember the tactics they discussed merely hours ago. Hopefully they would adapt to the circumstances. But now Whyre was hoping to get a powerful weapon for this fight from Morgan. Whyre steps forward behind the fence and grabs a handful of rocks, dropping all but three bullet-sized rocks.
OOC:
Non-Action: Take D8
Move: Pick up stones and hold them in my out stretched hand for Morgan.
Standard: Put stone in belt pouch after Morgan enchants them: If Morgan doesn't enchant them, then I fire blunt arrow on closest unobstructed skeleton.

Last edited:

Arrowhawk

First Post
OOC: It occurs to me that we should all post an alternative action if the creature we are attacking would have died from a previous hit. Or maybe the DM will give us an opportunity to change our action as necessary?
EDIT: Nice roll guys, with the -2 from the charge, those should both hit...providing it doesn't flicker

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
OOC: I think you jinxed them, Arrowhawk...

Due to what must be one of the most amazingly underestimated defencive abilities ever, both Evret and Mez have their attacks frustrated by the blurry and indistinct form of the flickering blue spirit.

Evret's choice of position, however, has given the terrifying leader of the undead soldiers the perfect opportunity to charge. As the spirit rushes towards Evret, the Cyran has a flashback to earlier this morning when Lirev died in just such an onslaught. But for whatever reason, the enraged undead warrior's powerful blow comes up just short as Evret involuntarily steps back. A large rent has been made in his studded coat, but is insides are not his outsides. Fate has intervened, at least for the moment.

It is clear though that that moment was fleeting when the rogue feels the blade of the second warrior bite into his side; it having followed the charge of its leader.

OOC: Evret takes 7 damage. Arrowhawk, you are going to have to clarify or change your action, because as written it makes no sense. You seem to be readying an action for an event and a non-event, and that just does not work as far as I can tell. As a side note, the chances of you guys being tripped up by the skeletons defencive ability five times in a row was less than 1 in 25. Even I am getting annoyed by it.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
. . . . X . . . . . . . . . . . X . . . . . . . . . 1
. . . . X . . X . Z X . . . . . . . . X . . X . . . 2
. . . . X . . . . . . . . X . . X . . . . . . . . . 3
. . . B X . . X . . X . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4
. . . . X . . . C . . . . X . . . . . . . X X X X . 5
. . . . . . . . . 1 . . . . . . . . . . . X X 4 X . 6
. A M . . . . . E G . . . . . . . . . . . X X X X . 7
. . W . X . . . . 2 . . . . . . . . . . . X X X X . 8
. . . . X . . X . . . . . . . . . . X . . . . . . . 9
. . . . X . . . . X . . X . . . X . . . . . . . . . 10
. . . . X . . X . . . . . . . . . . . . . X . . X . 11
. . . . X . . . . . . X . . . . X . . X . . . . . . 12

Last edited:

Arrowhawk

First Post
OOC: I meant to ask this earlier, but is there no reason why we can't add % dice to our own attacks? The 3.5 rules generally call for this to speed things up. I don't know if Paizo adjusted that.

EDIT: this way others quickly see if the attack hits and we don't have to guess.

Last edited:

Arrowhawk

First Post
[sblock=ooc] The probability of rolling 50% or less five times in a row is 3%. Still, I don't know how these can be CR 1/2 creatures given their boosted abilities and tactics. I'm not aware any incorporeal creature is below CR 1, even a partial one.

My action is to get rocks and hold them out for Morgan to enchant them...then put them in my belt pouch. If I hold the rocks out and Morgan decides to do something else...then I'll drop the rocks and fire on Sk2. While it may be a little outside the rigid examples of Ready an action, it should think it would allowable given all the things you can do with the Ready action.

EDIT: and I was taking a 5' step to D8.[/sblock]

Whyre calls out to Bastion,

"Shoot the skeletons flanking the leader!"

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
OOC: I am looking for rules on passing items between characters, but I do not see anything. I think proferring the rocks is essentially equivalent to a move action enabling Morgan to take them as a free action (based on manipulating an item). In which case, you could not take a move action and ready a standard action using a standard action.

Arrowhawk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I don't read the spell as requiring the caster to have to take the rocks...just touch them. Hence the out stretched arm. If you're saying that the spell requires the caster to actually have the rocks in his possession, then I'll take a 5' step and fire on Sk2...and as a move action prepare to receive stones from Morgan that he picks up.

Or, you can say taking items from a willing player might be a "grab" action from a "helpless" victim. Thus it would be a standard action on the grabber's part...but no action on the giver's part?

As a house keeping item, since we didn't see the roll, don't know if Evret was considered to have Charged, or if he had his normal AC. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads