• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Yedan's Troubleshooters

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Sorry, but Morgan just enchanted his weapon and has both hands full. Unless you suggested throwing away our only magic weapon, he cannot cast the magic stone spell (both hands full -> no somatic component).[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
OOC: You should just forget whatever you were thinking Whyre was going to do, Arrowhawk, and take a different action quickly so that Walking Dad can get his action in.

Arrowhawk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]This seems to be way more complicated than it needs to be. Ignoring the fact that the stated plan was to cast Magic Stones before we got in sight of the cemetery (given the enchantment lasts 30 minutes), If Morgan doesn't want to cast Magic Stones...just say so IC. However, since you did memorize and seem to agree to the plan, I'm assuming you intend to cast the spell.

But I'm not understanding the problem. In the spell description, Shillelagh There's nothing that says the charm ends if you put down or drop your club. The spell is written just so that nobody else can use your club, not so that you can't put it down. You could drop your club as a free action...enchant the stones in my hand...and then pick up your club on the same turn and it will still be enchanted.

Kaodi, considering that we' facing four guys that we only have a 50% chance to hit and that nearly wiped out our party back when they were without their leader (and we never missed them on account of being incorporeal), I'd like a chance to get this right. The Magic Stones are enchanted and do 2d6+2 points of damage each, from my perspective this isn't some trivial action.

Whatever you want to rule in terms of Standard, Move, or who has to hold the stones or how we transfer them, is fine. Nevertheless, I should think there is some combination of joint actions on our part that facilitates Morgan enchanting the stones with Whyre possessing them in the same round, with a move action or two to spare. If it makes more mechanical sense, I can just delay until after Morgan so he can cast the spell if he so chooses, or Ready an action to grab the stones from him. I dunno, whatever works for you.

EDIT: If you're wondering why I say a Druid doesn't need to "hold" the stones....I compare Magic Fang which has the same V, S, DF requirement as Magic Stones. Since the Druid obviously doesn't need to hold the fangs separate from the creature that has the fangs, just presumably touch them, I reason the same is true for the pebbles. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Alright, I will do as Arrowhawk suggested. BTW, after I posted Morgan praying for the spells, the next DM post had us encountering the enemies. I had no time to make a post that he prepared and gave away any stones, as previously planned.[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
OOC: I made a mathetmatical mistake when I noted the probability before. The chance of missing five in a row was not ~1 in 25, it was ~1 in 250. It is not a 50% chance to miss, it is substantially less. All that has happened is that I rolled improbably low on those miss chances.

In any case, the easiest thing to do would be if you want to attack this round would just to be let Morgan pick up the stones and enchant them, have Whyre take them from him as a move action, and then throw one as a standard action.

Walking Dad

First Post
Morgan Sorrowful

Morgan lets go the club, picks up some stones and whispers some enchantments.

[sblock=Mini Stat Block]
Morgan Sorrowful

right hand: club
left hand: heavy shield

free: bow down and let go club
move: Pick up three stones
standard: cast Magic Stone spell

Did I use the correct action types? any possibility to get the club back in this round?

Crawler defends Morgan.

---

HP: 11/11
AC: 18, Touch 12, Flat Footed 16
Initiative: +2
CMB: +2
CMD: 14
Fort: +4
Ref: +3
Will +5
Speed 20'

Spells prepared (save DC = 13 + spell level):
0 - Detect Magic, Guidance, Light
1 - Shillelagh, Magic Stone

Concentration Check: +6

Club (melee): +2 = +0 (BAB) +2 (Stat) (1d6+2) X2
Scimitar (melee): +2 = +0 (BAB) +2 (Stat) (1d6+2) 18-20/X2

Perception +7

dies at -14

-4 sp
[/sblock]

Arrowhawk

First Post
Whyre watches Evret throw himself into the fray and would have warned the man that he's left himself open to the same charging attack as Colvin, but Whyre was engaged in the art of spellcraft with the Druid. But as Whyre sees Evret take a vicious blow from the skeleton, he has flash backs of the previous encounter. As Morgan finishes the enchantment, Whyre takes the stones puts them in his belt pouch as he steps next to the fence. I'll save these for our special friend. Let Lirev's revenge guide my hand when the time comes.

OOC:
Move: Take Stones from Morgan
Move: secure them to be drawn as ammunition later.
5' step to D8, behind the fence.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Bastion pops back up from behind the fence. This time the mage seems to be on the same page as everyone else as he points at the sinister warrior that wounded Evret and lets loose a whizzing magical bolt that blows the skeleton's head clean off, causing the rest of its bones to drop like a sack of rocks as they burn up and out of existence.

OOC:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
. . . . X . . . . . . . . . . . X . . . . . . . . . 1
. . . . X . . X . Z X . . . . . . . . X . . X . . . 2
. . . . X . . . . . . . . X . . X . . . . . . . . . 3
. . . B X . . X . . X . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4
. . . . X . . . C . . . . X . . . . . . . X X X X . 5
. . . . . . . . . 1 . . . . . . . . . . . X X 4 X . 6
. A M . . . . . E G . . . . . . . . . . . X X X X . 7
. . . W X . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . X X X X . 8
. . . . X . . X . . . . . . . . . . X . . . . . . . 9
. . . . X . . . . X . . X . . . X . . . . . . . . . 10